Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Shmee Screensaver

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2007 22:31 Edited at: 20th May 2007 04:53
Here's my progress on a screen saver of a chase/battle in space. It's like the "Starfield" screen saver that comes with windows, but it turns and has two ships fighting each other.

Here's what I still have to do:
>Add an engine glow on the target ship
>add bullets
>add sparks, explosions on hits
>improve the foreship's afterburner
>optimize the code
>fix bug where it spases out every now and then
>put it in screen saver format

What else should I add/change?

This will be my first completed DBP app, so any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

P.S: <Never mind>

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 00:20
Wow thats pretty cool.

Although I didn't see much fighting... it was more of a persuit but I guess when you add bullets it will look better.

I'd definatelly use this as my screensaver. Far better than the original "Starfield" screensaver and entertaining too.

Let me know when its done.

Cowbox
Soharix HQ
http://www.soharix.homestead.com/

Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 00:33
What? It's not a fight without any weapons? Hmph.

Anyway, it's been about three years of working on this, but I was originally trying to use VB6. This is actually just a few months of DBP, so no telling when it'll be done.

"There will always be evil, for, without evil, the good shall lose their virtue."
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 01:37 Edited at: 20th May 2007 01:39
Quote: "P.S: I'd like to post a screenie, but I don't know where can I post an image to get a URL for it. Help, anyone?"

Attach the image as a .jpg to a post, click on the view button that appears then under the edited post, copy the adress of the new opened window to your clipboard, open your post again and type:
Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2007 02:52 Edited at: 20th May 2007 03:03
Thx. There it is. But a picture is NOT worth a thousand lines of code...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Ankillito
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2007 06:00 Edited at: 24th May 2007 06:00
Hmm....
I finally got the engine glow to work on the target ship, but it doesn't look too cool. Any ideas for a cool lookin engine flame/glow effect?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:31:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:31:48