Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Need help with runtime error 1513

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 16:32 Edited at: 26th May 2007 16:35
Ok I'm not entirely sure where to post this but I've been getting this error alot! It's incredibly anoying because the only way to get my program to run is to restart the computer. Now I'm running this on my laptop which has an intel pentium 3 1200 Hhz processor and 512 mb of ram... now the video card I'm not sure about but I think I got 128mb of video mem. I get this error everytime I go to run my programs... however sometimes it doesn't do it. The programs are very simple... ones tic tac toe with simple 2d graphics. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Oh I forgot a screenshot!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 04:07
Quote: "now the video card I'm not sure about but I think I got 128mb of video mem"

Maybe you haven't. That error message is appearing because you don't have enough memory on your graphics card.

PIII's are now quite old and I assume your video card is also.

If you are using the latest version of DBP, it's expecting to find DX9.0c and your GFX card probably doesn't support it fully. The fact that you are using only 2D graphics doesn't matter as DBP uses 3D for 2D now anyway.

Are you using the Set Display Mode command or setting it in the project panel?

If the latter, try using the Set Display Mode command with a lower rez and colour depth such as:

Set Display Mode 640,480,16

and see if you still get the error. If not, then you are simply asking too much of your current GFX card and need to lower the settings a bit.

TDK_Man

Soldier X1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 05:52 Edited at: 27th May 2007 05:53
I'm using code surge so let's see... um I have it set for 1024 by 768 in the panel. Now that you say that, I think that when I was running it on a lower resolution I didn't get that error. Well looks like I'll have to lower the res. And ya I have the latest version of DBP. Thanks I'll try that and see if that works. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
Oh by the way TDK, I think your tutorials are great I've been reading them and they've really helped me get into DBP, so thanks for writing them!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-26 22:41:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-26 22:41:57