Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] 3D game creator full and XP????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there,

I bought 3D game creator, since it's still for sale and it says it would work fine with XP.

However, objects don't appear, when i compile a game it still gives the little box when i exit that it can't be for sale etc etc and also i get lots of funky screen errors it just all won't work.

I updated the game but no cigar. Can anyone tell me how I can fix it so it will run alright?

Also I want to get rid of the ending box saying I can't sell it etc etc not that I wanna sell the games, but it's just a nasty little box also for the PD scene.

Plz halp, thnx!

amigacam.net.tc
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2007 19:22
You'll have to mail support, the link is at the bottom of the page.

Quote: "Also I want to get rid of the ending box saying I can't sell it etc etc "

You can only do that by buying a commercial license, as far as I know.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Look if somebody has an answer isn't it easier to just post it here?

Will save the mail support a whole lot of mail and time.

amigacam.net.tc
bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 02:30
no it won't help you because the peple here arn't MCDST's or tech support staff.

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 09:49
hey there just install the original vide drivers that were provided with your card ( on the original CD ) and it will work fine

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Of course it will help, and it will help other people too since they can just look it up in the search.

Rather someone finds their own answer than create a waiting line at the support desk the size of nebraska.

I'll try reinstalling my original driver card drivers. Thanx Twinsen.

amigacam.net.tc
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 11:27
your welcome also don't use any tweaking utilities ( example overclocking or other moddifications )

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll give it a try and see if it will work out

amigacam.net.tc
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I am one step beyond now, now when I load up the games in the 3D game creator they run fine, however after i compile them the stand alone games do not.

The biggest problem being they don't show the objects. Effects with sprites I see, the 3D stuff I don't. I just know there HAS to be an easy solution for that?

I run directx 10 the latest release.

And yes I reinstalled my graphics card drivers

amigacam.net.tc
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 16:32
ohh DX 10 cannot read objects rendered with the DX 7 and 8 pipeline especially the ones made with T3DGM

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 16:33
Newcomers DBPro Corner
New to DarkBASIC Professional programming? Fear not for there are people on-hand to help you out in here.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't get abusive, given that you were provided with some - the correct - direction to take, even though this forum has nothing to do with 3DGM. The thread could have been locked, and then you wouldn't have got the advice you needed.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Wait a second here BatVink when did I get abusive? I simply said that a solution to this problem would be an addition to the search (like in every tech forum)

I could not find ANY other forum regarding the 3D games creator and the feedback function doesn't work (I TRIED sending the staff a message with my problem but it gives an error)

If another forum is better to have my question answers then either move this tread or close this one but not before pointing me to the right forum. Also, the feedback error can use some fixing same as every time I post a reply I get a "gzip format"-error.

If I can sent my feedback to the staff I am hoping for them to be a whole lot more mellow than you, since I didn't get abusive anywhere as any reader can see.

I really truthfully don't understand where you get off giving me such a remark while all I said was that it would make a nice addition to the search thus also helping others when this problem does get solved.

amigacam.net.tc
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 21:51
Mirrorman,
I think T3DGM threads are best fit in the 3d chat thread.
There should probably be a thread specifically for T3DGM

Quote: "
I'd appreciate it if you didn't get abusive, given that you were provided with some - the correct - direction to take, even though this forum has nothing to do with 3DGM. The thread could have been locked, and then you wouldn't have got the advice you needed."

When did Mirrorman get abusive?

If you mean as in rude, I have no clue what you mean.

If you mean abusive as in picking information from this thread after his original question got answered, I can see where a misunderstanding could have been made, but that is all.

Who will die first?
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2007 23:06
As I remember, you need to include an .INI file which will allow the engine to draw objects correctly on newer systems. Check in the T3DGM directory for a file named Setup.ini, and then copy it into the directory where you saved your game.

Get the new DarkBasic Professional IDE for only $19.99/~£9.85
Http://synergyide.thegamecreators.com
Http://www.digitalzenith.net
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
John Y: That WORKED!!!! Thanx man!!!!

See BatVink? Now we have a handy contribution to the search for the next person looking for a solution for this problem and they don't all have to mail the support desk of the game creators.

Person99: What do you mean by me being rude with "picking information from this tread"?

If something came across wrong then I'm sorry I really don't get it. Please note I'm european so maybe I said something the wrong way, if I did let me know so I'll know that for next time. I didn't mean anything in this tread to flame, seriously.

If I did, I'd be honest about that, but I don't come here to flame just for solutions and contributions.

If you look into my history here you'll see that whenever I figure something out myself I'll always post it in my own question treads as well to add to the database for other visitors.

So cheers, peace out and thanx everybody! Again John Y, you're solution works buddy! Copying the setup.ini to the compiled folder makes it work!

Yesssssssssssssss!!!! *happy*

amigacam.net.tc
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 05:31 Edited at: 28th May 2007 05:32
I was asking BatVink if he thought you were being rude, and if so, where. I also asked him if he meant abusive as in "Picking information", they were seperate.
"Abusive" as a term could mean lots of things, as it has over 16 meanings in the dictionary.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

FYI:
"Picking information" is something that bothers some people when people ask more questions once the question on the first post was answered. For example:

Post 1:
How can I make a sphere in DBPro?

Post 2:
Simple command: Make object sphere 1, 5
1 is the object number, and 5 is the size.

Post 3:
Can I use the same thing for a cube?

Post 3 would be picking information. It bothers some people, even though it should not.

You didn't "Pick information" either, but if read incorrectly (I myself made the mistake three times) can seem like you are picking information.

Who will die first?
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2007 15:29
uhhh didn't know that one glad it worked

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Person99: Yeah but if like the questions are related it's not necasseraly a bad thing, right?

Twinsen: Yeah dude it works perfectly!

Anyway sorry if I came across wrong, this forum roxx I didn't mean to bust balls. If it came across that way it was unintended.

amigacam.net.tc
Person99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 08:23
Quote: "Yeah but if like the questions are related it's not necasseraly a bad thing, right?"

No, it isn't a bad thing, but some jumpy people take it wrong.

Who will die first?
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 11:58 Edited at: 29th May 2007 12:05
Quote: "See BatVink? Now we have a handy contribution to the search for the next person looking for a solution for this problem and they don't all have to mail the support desk of the game creators."

I agree with Batvink. Just because of your remarks, I would have locked the thread. Someone else helped you, you should have been satisfied that everything works, but no.... you have to call out the mod that was kind enough to leave your thread open. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok now you just got the whole wrong idea here zenassem, all I did was bring up an idea.

Don't you agree that every answered question just adds to the search for other people?

I gave friendly responces, if I was flaming trust me you'd know it by now. Please let's just drop the subject, can't we all just get along?

amigacam.net.tc
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2007 16:40
Quote: "Please let's just drop the subject, can't we all just get along?"
wise words he's right people

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 12:07
BatVink said that because of the tone of your replies, you made it sound like you don't care about what people post and shouldn't unless it's exactly what you want, but I'm afraid that isn't how these forums work, people give you their views on what you should do, he just suggested you contact the customer support because T3DGM is a rather old product and very few users here use it, however it's more likely support have experience with this. "Look if somebody has an answer isn't it easier to just post it here?" is akin to saying Don't reply if you don't have the answer.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
You misinterpret what I read entirely and I do not understand why you do that, I will explain it to you one more time what I meant:

I said it was easier to have it posted here, and more helpful so that other people can find it in the search. Thus also saving the support desk of the game creators a heck of a lot of time replying the same answer over and over again over the mail. (I happen to use the search a lot to find answers)

Would you disagree that that is the purpose of this forum? People asking eachother for help, and being able to search for it?

This question hasn't been asked and answered here yet, now it is in the search in this topic so other people can look it up. 3D game creator may be old, but it's still being sold and on the website it even states that it supports XP. That it does, when you copy the setup.ini file to the same directory as the executable.

Now, this answer is in the search also when people search for "3d game creator and XP"

You make it sound like I am a little child stamping my feet on the floor because I "demand" an answer, this is not the case. I was simply trying to save the support desk time, as obviously as you say so yourself too 3D game creator is old and someone is bound to have an answer.

I hope you understand it now, this has been the last time I explained it.

amigacam.net.tc
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and also: I ALWAYS post a solution to my own questions whenever I find one myself. Just do a search on my posts.

This because it's damn handy for other people to find solutions. Saving the forum clutter, the support desk 10 million questions a day not to mention developers their time on re-inventing the wheel.

amigacam.net.tc
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 19:22
Quote: "I ALWAYS post a solution to my own questions whenever I find one myself"

...which I always say is the best way to work in this kind of forum. Far better than "I got the answer, mod pls delete".

We misunderstood each other as often happens in text-based conversations, I think we can let this one sleep now

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Thnx dude Keep on coding!

amigacam.net.tc
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2007 04:44
Which seems like a good place to lock this - in order to stop anyone starting the argument off again at a later date...

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-26 22:41:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-26 22:41:17