Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Need help Texturing! Someone save me from my own inexperience!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 13:56
Hey there, thanks for finding this S.O.S

I'm sure the answer to my problem is so blindingly obvious that my mental health will come into question, but how the hell does texturing a model work? I've made many models in Milkshape, complete furnishings for a multiplayer arena in fact, and (in milkshape) applied multiple custom-made textures or 'materials' to the object. Now, take a shelf for example. the shelf itself consists of only the wood texture, but each object on it uses another image file as it's material.

Now, with FPSC's entity maker, you can only assign a single file as a texture, a .tga (whatever makes that is beyond me) - see my dilema?

I've put the models textureless in-game perfectly, but cannot find, nor figure out, a way around this.

If someone could educate me in the simplest form managable, I'll be forever in their debt.

BTW the project is a simple deathmatch inside a shopping mall.

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die"
Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 29th May 2007 16:41
You need to learn how to UV map. Theres a simple UV mapping tutorial here that someone made for me, this teaches you the basics of UV mapping using an example I posted earlier on in the the thread.

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
Slayer222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2007 18:31
I didn't know how to do this to and I can UV map its too hard.
*Slayer_2

EOT
[img][/img]
Check it out here: http://eliteops.piczo.com/?cr=6&rfm=y
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th May 2007 18:37
Duplex,

The tut you reference is great and taught me a few things quickly. I have contacted Master Xilo and requested permission to post his tut on fpsFREE.com. It really is simple and informative, and would help many as this is a constant question here.

Best.

I'm sorry, my answers are limited. You must ask the right question.

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 29th May 2007 20:55
Thanks, I thought It was real good of him to post that for me.

See The Duplex Creations Website at:
http://www.duplexcreations.mdhost.info
Ozale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2007 13:44
Duplex, thank you from the bottom of my Woodstock for helping.

Now all I have to do is make my own textures (decided I might as well use my own) for every object. Hey, out of interest, can you include lightmaps and dynamic lights in an Arena? Somewhere it says there are no dynamic objects in multiplayer other than weapons and characters (no explosives more importantly), to cut down on choppiness, that true? I've put lights in arenas, but I'm unsure as to if the engine's changed them to another kind of lighting.

Cheers again for the Tutorial.

"Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:24:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:24:12