Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with sprite exist command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to learn some basic commands but I am stuck on sprite exist. I have written a simple program to move a block across the screen when you click the mouse button. Then i also have on the screen stats showing the xpos,count,fps,and whether the sprite exist or not. With the first mouseclick the sprite exist shows a 1, then after the block is moved across screen ande deleted it show a 0. The part i don't understand is, when i click the mousebutton again it remakes the sprite but sprite exist still shows 0.

thanks for any help you can give me
-Zach
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 20:54
Then you must be using DBClassic or maybe a buggy demo of DBPro - your code works OK for me.

Instead of deleting the sprite, move it off-screen to a silly coordinate, like x=-9999. You can then detect visibility like this

Dragula
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks IanM, i have dblite,(have dbpro on order) I was about to pull my hair out

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2003 21:14
That explains it - DBLite is a version of DBClassic.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:46:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:46:06