Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / thought I'd put it in the n00b corner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
why doesn't this work??

if camera position x()>-9 then hoekx#=wrapvalue(hoekx#+mousemovey()/2)

What I want is for the camera NOT to spin around, without any coding the camera will go in circles, I want it to stop at an angle of about 60 degrees....... Any sugestions?
Is Spiderman gay?
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 00:54
Why not if camera position x()>-9 then camera position x()= THIS

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2003 02:31
"What I want is for the camera NOT to spin around, without any coding the camera will go in circles"

i may be missing something very obvious here, but if you are trying to monitor and restrict spinning, then object angle y() is the expression you are looking for and not object position x() which is literal movement and nothing to do with spinning?

p4 2.4ghz, 256ddr ram, Geforce4 MX 440
Innovate, redefine, recreate whats in your mind. It isnt fate, you decide, only you can cross that line.
Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, I wasn't clear, I finished it though, last night it was late and couldn't think straight... Today it's done, what I intended to do was build a limiter to the camera ANGLE, have NO idea how I came to the camera position... ?! this is how I did it

Is Spiderman gay?
Jurgen
Years of Service
User Offline
here another question, I have two objects (guy.x[2[ and floor.x[1]) and put them on top of each other and I made some code so the guy could move on the y-axis, I did this by doing

this isn't so hard is it?? Well, now I want them to fake hardness like this (blockschematic!!)

got it? this does NOT work in darkbasic for I don't know the proper code for it, please help me...................

Is Spiderman gay?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:42:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:42:39