Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Kenjar's Super duper amazing RPG Text Adventure!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2007 13:12 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2007 13:14
Hi, I'm just relearning DarkBASIC Professional from the basics up (and I mean the very basics) to try and blow away some of the bad habbits and inefficant programming methods you pick up the first time around. Anyway I'm using Hands on DarkBASIC Professional to guide myself through this, and rather than worrying about the graphics, I've decided to focus on the logic, and decision making areas of the langauge. As well as loops, and variables. Anywho, I'm working up to a full text adventure with a few side games, such as russain roulette, so if you go into a cave, meet a monster, they can post puzzles for you, such as guess my number to pass, or deploy a spell. If you choose to guess, you'll save your spell, but will potentially loose a life. So i'm really aiming for Text a Text RPG style game. The first two functions I designed, I converted into full programs.

The first is the classic, guess my number, from 0 to 10.

The second is Tony's Russian Roulette. You'll get why I've called it that, as I added a bit of a story, to make it a little more interesting.

I'm next designing a 2 player version of Russain roulette that can be played over the network, I want to eventually add a few multiplayer features to this text adventure. But this really is a way off yet.

I'll produce a few more text games like this, such as hang man, then roll onto the main engine.

http://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/?i=1206626

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:33:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:33:02