Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DBP Plugins and DGDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2007 08:45
Hi, all!
Is it possible to USE DBP plugins in an application written with VB Express and DGDK.NET?
Thanks,
Thierry
Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 14:37
Yes, but you have to mount them manually using Generics.
There should be some much older posts in this forum from when .NET 2.0 was released and the new framework supported mounting native code.

I know I've covered how to do this more times than I care to recall. lol

John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2007 14:54
Quote: "Yes, but you have to mount them manually using Generics."

Huh.

I've moved this to the DGSDK board.

There are three problems:
1). You are going to have to go into unsafe code using P/Invoke
2). You will have to get permission from the author
3). The protection on the dll (certificates etc) will probably prevent the dll's sold by TGC from working unless the author has ported them.

Get the new DarkBasic Professional IDE for only $19.99/~£9.85
Http://synergyide.thegamecreators.com
Http://www.digitalzenith.net
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2007 01:01
thierry st malo, let me respond based on my understanding of your question. Basically, you're asking whether it's possible to use DarkBASIC Professional plugins with applications that were developed with DarkGDK.NET. The answer to this question, is no.

Not directly anyway. DarkGDK.NET uses a common class object called CDarkGDK which exposes all of the various modules of the toolkit, i.e. IdgdkBasic2D, IdgdkBasic3D etc etc. DBP plugins have no concept of these interfaces, and therefore cannot be used directly.

The author of each plugin needs to reimplement the plugin using the DGDKPlugins.dll managed DLL file that accompany's DarkGDK.NET, so that the plugin code inherits from the CDGDKPlugin class. The DarkGDK.NET provides both a C# and VB.NET sample that inherits from CDGDKPlugin to show authors how to create, or convert their respective plugins to work with DarkGDK.NET.

Both the ODE Physics plugin and CSM Cartography Shop map importer have been converted. I've also been working on the Nuclear Glory Physics conversion although work committments have slowed me up on this.

As for other plugin developers, if they need assistance, I'll try my best to help.

Paul.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:20:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:20:06