Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / I need help.... please..... someone good with uvmapping

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 05:00 Edited at: 8th Jun 2007 05:01
As the title said im stuck. Ive dabbled with the other 3d editors and could not get the results I have gotten with sketchup.. But finally playing around with this for a while I got the model looking exactly the way I want it to. (yes deminsions should be correct I took a wall from the fps creator for measurements to make sure)I believe my axis is correct but sketchup is poorly done when it comes to texturing the wall... In the editor it looks great but bringing this out to application just whomps....

Ive been able to export this to 3ds (no I dont have autodesk) then use the converter we got on the forum here to make it to a .x file then bring it into the game... See my major issue is its just a solid color and yes I know that its a uvmap deal but I have sit and read many tutorials and I appologies that I just dont grasp the concept of getting it right... Or maybe its my model I made that wont work I am just not sure where I am going wrong with this...

But what I am looking to have some nice person here do is to get this uv mapped correctly for me. you dont have to color it as long as the map is correct I can do the actual texture coloring convert it over and get it fpsc ready... So I am hoping someone out here will help. In return the person who fixes this for me can also keep a copy of the model to use with there collection...

If that person feels there should be more compensation please let me know and maybe I can throw in a warehouse segment pack I had built or a drywall segment pack or a siding segment pack Ive built I used Signs and MagicFPS to get the sounds and the decals correct and then hand coded to the proper walls in FPSC so no buldges on the outside wall that you normally see like in signs for instance...

Also guys I don't plan to sell those packs just listed I was wanting to drop them in the monthly competitions that are on the forums here as a prize to help support the competitions..

Okay Ive put the screenshot in anybody willing to help drop me an email at [email]clipsterpmcnasty@aol.com [/email](personal email)that way I can send you a copy of the model. If I dont respond right away be patient I will respond really soon as I got a kid to take care of so I will be in and out all day today... Thank you

If you think education cost so much you should see how expensive ignorance can cost you

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2007 06:52
While I'm no master with sketchup, I have a UV mapping tutorial for Milkshape on my website. You might be able to use the same principal.

http://www.zaibatsugames.com

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:37:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:37:02