Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / which model is better to use with FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 15:16
Okay quick question which is better to use in FPSC.This is for my up coming model pack...

okay from this the back top and bottom faces have been deleted this would be the norm for most entities that is mounted against a wall and that is static..it would also prevent the engine from rendering the invisible faces and would be optimized for FPSC

This one is a solid entity the engine will however have to render the invisible faces...which has a slight draw back...extra poly's

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 17:59
Wizard I can't say for for sure as I don't know from a technical stand point. But what I have noticed when making these entities is, against all logic and common sense, a model with open faces ends up a little larger file size. I also have to refer back to all the FPSC made items where not one, from static entities to characters, have any of the artist TGC used optimized any of the models.

Though I doubt any of the TGC staff or freelance artist(meaning more like Simon and whoever then like Bond1 or Jon) will chime in this is great question.

Hopefully a answer will be found that pins this down a little better.

Loc

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 18:11
Quote: "Wizard I can't say for for sure as I don't know from a technical stand point. But what I have noticed when making these entities is, against all logic and common sense, a model with open faces ends up a little larger file size. I also have to refer back to all the FPSC made items where not one, from static entities to characters, have any of the artist TGC used optimized any of the models.

Though I doubt any of the TGC staff or freelance artist(meaning more like Simon and whoever then like Bond1 or Jon) will chime in this is great question.

Hopefully a answer will be found that pins this down a little better.

Loc"
I tested both of them in the engine I could see no difference between the two however I did notice a problem at the foot of the entity with the open faces which did not light up correctly I'm sure it can be fixed also the last mentioned entity is harder to visually place with in the editor.

So I guess without any proper answer I have to settle with the second one then.....but I still would like to know..!!!

Pointless Assault RC1 Demo
http://fileho.com/download/534fc0519603/pointless.rar.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:27:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:27:35