Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Trying to rig a character

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2007 20:50
I edited one of the stock characters to fit my needs for a game I'm making, and have it textured and everything. What I'm having problems with is rigging. I found the MS3D FPSC skeleton, and have both of them open. I know how to glue the vertexes to the bones, and I did. I played the animation, and it was wrong. some of them didn't get stuck somehow, and are getting left behind. The arms also looked majorly twisted. I closed it and restarted it, and had the same problems.

What I would like is for someone to explain it in depth, and maybe help me as I go through IM, becuase I might have to do this again. However, If it would be easier for someone to just do it for me, I'll accept that and just learn later.

Thank you in advance,
Brett Snow

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
I Will help you on IM
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
Think I found the problem if you used Fragmotion I got the same problem some of the things did not connect right
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 06:39
I got it rigged, and animated ingame, but he goes through the floor and is not textured. he was textured in the .x importer...

any help would be appreciated.

"I admire its purity, a survivor, unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality"

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 06:40
I got it rigged, and animated ingame, but he goes through the floor and is not textured. he was textured in the .x importer...

also my .x file is 21 mb....

any help would be appreciated.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 07:05
more problems...

Hes not textured

but now he faces the wrong way.

still goes through floor.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2007 07:22
alright. I think i fixed the height issue, but how do i rotate the bones? only the model will rotate...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 14:38:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 14:38:32