Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
just a really quick thing.

how do i put in and scale a skybox then put in distance haze?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2007 00:53
Search There's loads of posts on how to make and implement skyboxes.

Also look for sky sphere which is an alternative.

Gargoyle Dorian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2007 20:57
I have a hard to find question (at least for me). I have been searching for a few hours collectively in the past two days for some code to simply show one thing. I want to make a space sim where I don't need to use skyboxes. I see it with many space games where there is a textured backdrop and no matter how I color the backdrop in my code or whatever I try to do, its always puke green. Is there something I need to know? Can anyone link me to code that would show me simple how people deal with this?
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 03:44 Edited at: 20th Jun 2007 03:51
@Gargoyle Dorian
Is it for 2D or 3D?

If it is 3D you may want to use a skysphere.

Gargoyle Dorian, it is better to start your own thread if you have a specific question. If possible do a search first and if you can not find what you need, then post a thread. It is very hard to find something that has not been asked before; even though there are always unique circumstances. It is also generally seen as a little rude to steal another users thread.

Making nothing for the forth straight year.

Gargoyle Dorian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2007 07:24
My apologies people! . Yeah, I don't hit forums all too often.

I do have a skysphere already ... and my question wasn't thorough enough . It's not big enough. I made a new code to have the skysphere use the same coords of the object (space ship) whenever it moves. Problem is I can really only make it 5k in size and it appears really small. Starwraith's is huge! Trying to figure out how they can cross that boundry ... but I cannot. Even with the skysphere always following, it still looks really confined. Going to try textures with more stars and tighter. But I have a feeling thats not it. Sorry Umbra . I'll make my own thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:15:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:15:37