Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Fix for lines between matrix tiles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 20:20
Are you fed up with your lovely seamless textures looking rubbish when applied to a matrix where the edges of some tiles 'bleed' into the next?

What you need is the following:

Stick this after you create matrix:

filter=1
set matrix 1,0,0,1,filter,1,1,1

Have put filter as a variable as this MUST stay at 1 to work and it is easier to show you. You can change the other parameters to suit.

Tried EVERY other combination of loading images, filtering, texturing, e.t.c. and only this answer fixes problem (in P4.1 anyway!)

No doubt P5 will change everything again though.
Gronda, Gronda
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
here's an example .. work for db too if you load an image, and delete the create bitmap and others 2d commands :

Bu$herie
How many civilians is he going to kill ? he's going to burn in hell, and I hope that his pain will make him inderstand !
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 20:44
Alternatively you could just use memblock matrices

Do you want Windows menus in your DBP apps? - Get my plugin: http://snow.prohosting.com/~clone99/downloads/tpc_menus_102.zip
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2003 21:21
Slightly modified version of Attreid's code as some of the commands are 1 pixel out. (hope you don't mind)

I do notice that on in this example the textures go a bit blocky close up but that is only because of the colouful gradients. Most textures are not this detailed.

Gronda, Gronda
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 02:49
hurrah finally it works in the latest patch!

yay thanks I tried filtering it in previous tests but now it seems fine

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 02:30:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 02:30:56