Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Made Terrain (problem)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 01:46
Ok ive made a terrain for a test. I made the terrain using 3dsMax. and i downloaded a .x plugin. Saved the terrain in .x form and used the entity maker. I made it into a entity. I applied the green.tga for the texture etc.. etc.. I loaded up FPSC, and looked in the user folder, i saw it. So selected it and painted it on in my map. I put a player start marker and some weapons and amo. few bits of lighting and tested it. It gave me an error saying:
"The application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Extra Debug Info: 0 0"

Somthing i did wrong in the process? Ive remade the entity with the entity maker 3 times now and still get the same error.
Thanks.

---------------------------------
Interested in making games. Yea im a newb, but I could create the next big hit! So keep a EYE on me
Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 04:20
No help?

Interested in making games. Yea im a newb, but I could create the next big hit! So keep a EYE on me
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 15:09
I dont know if this will help.

But make the terrain.
Export it in a X format.
Import it in Segment Creator.(it would be better with collisions)
Apply the textures etc.

Import it in FPSCreator and test it.

Hope i helped.
Saint Areon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2007 16:12 Edited at: 15th Jun 2007 16:12
Also make sure that the mesh size isnt scalled too large or it will crash the editor (if its a segmont that it shouldnt matter).

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106397&b=24
Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2007 04:02
Ok, thanks for your help. Ill be sure to try that.
-TJ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:47:51