Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Dale Winton marries Nell McAndrew

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 01:04
Just watched this on BBC3. wtf is going on? Surely a tv stunt but made to look real. Is this what my TV licence pays for.

Surely Dale 'bats for the other side'.
Gronda, Gronda
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 01:38
I don't know who either of them are, but I wish them luck... Assuming they're both celebrities, they're sure as hell gonna need it.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 01:43
No, noooooo. Nell ... she was mine I tell you, mine!

Seriously though, it must be a stunt ... although there have been stranger marriages *cough*Jackson*cough*Presley*cough*
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 02:14
Mouse: Dale is the gayest campest presenter on british tv (except Graham Norton of course), Nell is a rather scrummy model who seems to be in every paper and on on every TV program at the moment because she was on I'm a celebrity - get me out of here.

Gronda, Gronda
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 02:39
my whole defintion of gay and straight is now falling apart... damn you BB3 - hang on :-s BBC3?? did i miss something, last time i checked there was only 1 & 2 ... where the hell did 3 from from?

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 02:56
BBC3 & BBC4 are new digital channels.

You can buy a set-top box for a one-off fee of about 80 pounds which gives you about 30 extra channels through your existing aerial or go with Sky satellite which gives you over 100 but costs about 40 pounds a month (luckily my landlord pays for this!)

BBC now have 8 digital TV channels by the way.

Gronda, Gronda
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 03:01
I hope their paying you something for that advertisment!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 03:57
lol... guess the licence fee is really quite worth it now then
i get 12 channels locally but they're all a bunch of crap with shows i've never even heard of before, with really bad acting ... was watching something last monday called "Nightman" or something - christ was that amusing, they spend such a high budget on helicopters and crap, then when they want an actor on location they seem to put him infront of a blue screen and have them act there hahaa it is so tacky

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 10:40
who and who?

must be a United Kingdom thing of Whatever

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 14:14
lol... yeah a UK think, Dale Winton is famous for being a camp tv presenter - used to do SuperMarket Sweep, which was a tacky program where contestants ran around a supermarket and had to collect the biggest till bill worth of items in a shopping trolly (told you it was bad)

and the model, never heard of her before ... but then this whole reality TV thing really flys over my head, doesn't interested me even slightly - well cept tempation island, but on the Brit version was very interesting ... the American and Aussie version were just a bit "something outta nothing", Brits so far have been the only people who actually cheated on each other. Amusingly it was the londoner who did it first - my money was on the Mank

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 14:48 Edited at: 26th May 2003 14:49
But "I'm a Celeb, leave me out here" was filmed in Oz!

I thought they might have shown it on Australian TV too.

Nell is a rather cute topless model - here's a tasteful pic of the little strumpet:

I did a google search, and there were lots of Tomb Raider shots, don't know if is the same Nell that did the TR publicity shots.

Dale is a pain in the ass. Don't know if he is gay though, I mean the campest of camp comedian I can think of is Eddie Izzard (one of the funniest men in Britain) wears make-up, dresses, etc - is straight.

Van-B

Hate me clown because I'm not from your town y'all. Hate me clown.
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 15:50 Edited at: 26th May 2003 15:51
Yeah, Nell McAndrew was the original Tomb Raider at E3 and I believe it was the first thing she did before going onto this horrible bald modelling but now I hear she works on some Breakfast Show in Britain. Then again I could be completely wrong. Oh, and he's a nice shot I've always liked:

http://members.fortunecity.com/oops46/nell_mcandrew101033.jpg

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 16:09
Its true alas, the wedding photos are in OK magazine this month!

Apparantly she was in a bad car accident and he nursed her back to health... I always thought he was gay, but apparantly before Nell, Dale has dated Tara Palmer Tompkinson and Gina G too! Weird, weird, weird world...

Coming Soon! Kangaroo2 Studio... wait and quiver with anticipation! lol
samjones@kangaroo2.com - http://www.kangaroo2.com - If the apocalypse comes, email me
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 16:22
I hope she is microwave safe if u get my drift

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 16:52
wow... someone hit her in the fact with a door... repeatidly
that aside, ya know i never thought of eddie izzard as camp - i mean yeah he wears dresses and makeup, but i dunno i just can't take him in as a camp guy.

i think its because most camp guys would walk into a room and be so noisy or make such a fuss that you have to give them some attention whereas Eddie just acts like its natural to wear a dress or something. ya know what i mean? probably not lol

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 17:10
LOL yeah sorta .

I think he gets a lot from Monty Python and Spike Miligan, but I tend to hate campness when anyone else does it - I mean the Pythons always seemed quite comfertable dressed as women, like it was perfectly natural (that's why it was funny).
There's this Scottish guy, he's camper than a caravan park, and he's on TV all the bloody time, like Scotlands lacking in comediens :/. This guy comes on stage wearing some rediculous top with a kilt, then starts ripping into the audience. Of course it'll be all over the news when someone eventually smacks him (no doubt it'd be dressed as a hate-crime). I think theres a big misunderstanding about campness, most people assume only gay men can be camp - which is not the case at all, worse though, a lot of people think that every gay man is camp, did you know the actor who plays Gandalf is gay? - I must admit I was a little surprised when I heard that.

Van-B

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 23:30
Has to be a wind-up. The footage was far too staged to be real. And these two marrying with no forewarning would be mainstream telly, not BBC3.

...And Nell McAndrew did all the Motion Capture for the Tomb Raider Games apparently. Seen some photos of her rolling around naked (but in a tasteful way) with the sensors all over her. It was a 3D mag, honest.

Thanks in advance.
All the Best,
StevieVee
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 00:44
... would've been something to see, and interesting condisering that there was no motion capture in TR - but one big TV with a VCR (like they had at school) that you'd sit there and watch over and over and over and over and over ...

it was all done by skill and a little help from IK, only a handful of keyframes too - the limit was like 10frames per animation, else it wouldn't fit on the Playstations memory - so you'd sit there trying to move and hope that Maya didn't interpol wrong and get the wrong position and slightly tune.
but its why it looks so smooth because it was all just engine interpoled on a few keyframes, simple yet effective.

but the new one probably uses motion capture.

back to campness though hehee - yeah python and the goon show is kinda the same thing as far as being camp was. You ever seen Eddie Izzard in a serious role though?
that guy is a diva of an actor kinda wish he'd take it up professionally, he'd do bloody well playing the illusive or villians.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 01:08
I think he's talking about the new game. I've seen her posing for it... name rings a bell now that I think of it.

Like Indi said, this is well within the realms of whatever...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 01:31
busty babylons ..

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 03:31
*sings*

'I can fall in and out of love,
Have marriages that barely last a month
When they go down the drain
I'll blame it on fame
And say it's just so tough
Being a Celebrity'

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 08:57
*background singer*

'... so tough Being a Celebrity ...'

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 13:19
I heard from a good source (My wife) that apparently, the whole thing is a hoax. The idea behind it was to see if the tabloids and the general public are fooled by the show. Cilla Black, Ann Robinson and a few other well known faces have setup the marital thing to see if the tabloids post big headlines, shifting the public eye away from the idea that Dale is not gay. Infact you'll find that Dale does infact have a male partner whom he has been with for years.

Either way, it's a scam.

"Man who looses key to woman's appartment...... He get no nookie" - A wise chinese man.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 16:11
If they want a real laugh, let me marry her

That'd keep me entertained for years.

Van-B

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 19:23
Tabloids will buy ANYTHING. I think it's more trying to get a point across than seeing if they'll buy it.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 00:39
Descovering Boy George was strait was a shock to the system, but Dale Winton ? WTF!

Pneumatic Dryll

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:36:40