Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Light's Out WIP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 20:59
Sorry for the triple post, but I've some bad news (deja vu.....again):

OK, first off, I know I keep not completing, then making new game after new game. I apologize for that.

But, I am temporarily retiring from FPSC for a while. I'll still be around here, but FPSC....I have figured out that it's not all it's cracked up to be. I mean....it's great and all, but it's too simplistic. I will not be using it until all bugs are sorted out, and it's completed (FPSC v2.00?). It's too buggy, and not completed. TGC, this may sound harsh, but next time, release an engine in it's v2 state, and make sure ALL bugs are sorted out. It's not right to release it in it's v1 (early alpha) stage. If I can scrounge some money together, I might (emphasis on might) get DBPro, but I'm not sure if game-making's my thing right now. It might be hard to say goodbye, but sometime in the future, there'll be a completed FPSC, beckoning us to take that update, and use that completed project. The Sims 2 is the reason I'm retiring, it's simply a great game, but sometimes too great. Another reson is that I have simply given up on FPSC, finding it "not challenging" enough. I'd rather learn DBPro, and code a very great FPS, with awesome models, sounds, and animations. I'd rather take my time, and make a demo of a game in around 1-2 1/2 years rather than in 7 months. The latter seems too rushed.

To cut a long story short, I'm retiring from FPSC. It's time to hit the hay, and not worry about game-making. I'd rather take my time with a more complex engine, and create a truly unique FPS. Goodbye, FPSC. I bid you farewell.

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 02:49
Sorry to hear that AI. I had to make that choice too, FPSC is too simple, yet I keep using it for another reason, I can create maps in FPSC and put them in DBP, thats the point. I know you have great game design, if you put that into DBP you can create an incredible game.

Just think about DBP, and the main thing is : Don't go for a too complex engine yet, DBP can create amazing results, even better than Torque and unreal in some cases. If you end up getting DBP and find it hard then you can just ask me for help if you want, I was a complete beginner not long ago, I'm creating a game engine now, and it's going quite well.

Good luck anyway

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 03:15
Well, okay.

What's the game engine you're making?

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 12:37
The Infernus engine, a 3rd and 1st person engine, and I'm adding dark physics(ragdoll!) and vehicle support to it aswell.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 21:34
When will it be out?

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 00:29
I'm not sure yet, it's still in it's early stages, but I hope to get a beta running soon.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 00:35
Can a moderator lock this, please?

Jams38
Years of Service
User Offline
you have got to be kidding! to easy or simplistic.
geezzz....
you cant finish a level of a game!
thank god you are leaving. LMAO
please go to a harder engine where im sure you will finish 1 level.
LOL
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 04:33
Yeah, well, you can just get outta my thread.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 05:36
Jams38,
As far as i know this is your first offense so i went light on the slap.We don't tolerate posts like those.
Quote: "thank god you are leaving. LMAO
please go to a harder engine where im sure you will finish 1 level."

Are these your forums?No.Everyone is welcome here as long as they abide by the rules.
Insulting someone else isn't nice and is against the AUP as well.
Have you finished a game yet?

On a related note...
American Infantry,
In an earlier post you stated you quit using FPSC and wouldn't be finishing this game.That's all good but there's no reason in keeping this thread open if you are done with it.
E-mail me shortly with your plans or expect your Showcase threads to be locked.
I am not trying to be a jerk but what is the sense in keeping a thread like this going if you are not working on this?

Please have mercy and use the search function.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 08:42
Quote: "Can a moderator lock this, please?"

Uh, Fred?

vorconan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 13:53

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:00:11