Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error in compiling DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 20:11
I know this has come up before, I just can't find it using the forums search, but what do I need to do to remove this compile time error?

Error 221 error LNK2005: "protected: char const * __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)const " (?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IBEPBDXZ) already defined in msvcprt.lib(MSVCP80.dll) libcpmtd.lib

I have tons of MSVCP80.dll already defined errors.
Ianhfar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 15:28
For a release build , I set the Ignore Specific library to

LIBC.lib;atls.lib
Ianhfar
Zumwalt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 20:51
Tried that, didn't help.
Not for sure what the problem is.
I have tried to re-install the DGDK and start fresh, can't get past the errors. *scratches head* I think I'll wait until the next release and see if anything in there fixes my problems.
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 02:25 Edited at: 10th Jul 2007 02:39
Try dropping the offenders themselves? Perhaps one, both, or the other: msvcprt.lib and/or libcpmtd.lib

Waiting for a release sounds dismal. Try to get through this MAN! Try Try Try

(seriously) These kinda things make me pull my hair out. I'm so happy (Not rubbing in your face) that I finally can compile and debug.

[edit]Not a butter up TGK or MODS or anything - but I am grateful TDK made this API available. Its nice to be able to use "real" languages while getting rapid application development in a 3d environment. Have you ever seen what's required to do DirectX directly? It literally (for me) seems like it would take a LONG time to build something for a small teams like most of us - TEAM MEMBERS: 1 [/edit]

Best Regards,
Jason P Sage

Know way too many languages - Master of none
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 03:45
yep, straight dx is nasty, even in .NET

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
directx wasn't all that bad to deal with... a lil long winded, but it mades sense...

that said, the db api definitely makes it a lot easier and quicker for lazy folk like me

hey there Zumwalt... what're ya doin on this side of the universe... it's me, Mike Hense from the 3Impact boards

i just started with the gdk... tryin' to whip up a generic engine to base games on... lots similar to 3Impact api, eh ,

'cept no native physics and this seems a bit smoother.

sorry i got no solutions for your problem... do you still get this in the release build?

--Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:22:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:22:13