Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DGK Skybox and Object Hidden - Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2007 08:33
Alright, I am using Microsft Visual C++ (net) with the DGK.

Here's my delima, I ran into this a while ago and was unable to solve it.

I got myself a Skybox (size: 10000x10000x1000) with a texture. I got my self a object (using the scout that came with the demo).

I got 2 Cameras. Camera 0 and Camera 1 (Camera 1 is the littler window) does not get any strange colors.

When I enable the skybox, the ship disapears. When I disable the skybox the ship is where it should be.

The Skybox has a ID number of 1 and the ship uses a ID of 100 (meaning the skybox is object 1 and the ship is object 100).

Has anybody ran into a similar problem?

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad
Jna99
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2007 23:08
hmmm just one thing did you make sure that the camera 1 in positioned inside the box?

Timidon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 04:24
Yes, I even moved the camera -out of the box and moved it closer to the target object. I am begining to think it may be my video card at this point. I had this problem back in Feburary and that is about the time I changed out video cards. I am running a GeForce 7200 Gt card now. I am thinking about just creating 6 seperate cubes and making a sky box at this point. Just got to get my sizes correct for what I want to do.

There are many answers but just one question" ~ Jerilith the Mad

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:30