Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / a few questions, please help.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i've been adviced to start on a simple program such as space impact or snake but i don't know where to start with them, plz help. secondly i can't seem to changed my text styles and colours, sizes, etc. and last but not least if i did make space impact how wud i make the rocket and aliens. thanks in advance.
http://mysite.freeserve.com/darkdemon/images/3-picture3.gif?0.5595361157862885[/img]
Redostrike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 20:38
You could make them in any paint program (i recommend Photoshop). Look at the help file for you text style, color, size.

SET TEXT SIZE
SET TEXT FONT

Loo at the command ink for color (corect me if i'm wrong)

Hope this helps.

Only heroes live forever.
[url=www.redostrike.tk][/url]
The StartStrike project is going good.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2003 23:32
right then, generally with most games you start programmining the games 'engine',the basic code before doing any graphical work just use different coloured squares for different parts of the game.
for all the text commands you could need go press f11 in the dark basic editor goto commands and then goto text, to change the colour of the text you need to use the 'ink' command
like this:

*just copy and paste the above code into your db editor
if you can't do something check the tutorials and help files first they help alot.

ARE YOU A 3D MODELER??? IF SO WE NEED YOU!!!
EMAIL mynameisnoneofyourbuisness@hotmail.com to work on the new Star Strike project!!!
ToXic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 02:23
Start very small and work at it. have a play around with sprites and have a go at a simple shooter, after a couple of weeks try a pong or a snake game.

Here is a small example of making a sprite, moving it and collision.

Hope this helps,

ToXic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:36:40