Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / The Successful Rain Element is Here!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 04:08
Hello again, it's me, Drew. I saw that many of you were thinking about how to work out the rain effect. Well, I took matters into my own hands and came up with a little snipet I think most of you could benefit from. Go ahead and try it out! Just use a pure-blue image or something shaded blue for the texturing. Bon appetite!

Explination: It creates an area of 10000 around the camera, randomly positions drops in this void, and then lowers all the y values of the drops until they become non-visible by the camera, at which point, are again randomly positioned once more in the area. NOTE: You can specify your own distance (rainfield), how many drops (drops), and how fast they fall (fallspeed). Nothing else should be needed to be insterted.

Cheers,
Drew
Life is a tale told by an idoit, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. - MacBeth

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:36:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:36:54