Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / So im wanting to create a Madden-esque paintball game...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Dark Basic Pro, 3-d World creator, FPS creator... The only thing im thinking about using the FPS creator for is maps. I want to make the game have exhibition mode... season mode... Exc. I understand that its going to be quite a project, but im going to work on it for a while. Im guessing the first thing I need to start with is model creation. What is the best program to create models for me to use, that is within an average price range. Main models need to be Gun models, jersey models and more. Also, what other programs am I going to need besides the ones I have? Thanks.
Tom J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2007 21:23 Edited at: 26th Jun 2007 22:58
edit: I would reccomend starting with coding the basics for your game (like the movement etc.) with simple shapes like cubiods and spheres and then when you have working code you can start the modelling and replace the basic shapes with models later on

Some good modellers are Wings 3d, Blender and Anim8or

Text adventure competition 2007 - Click here to find out more
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd reccomend Milkshape 3D, it's affordable, and powerful enough to get the job done.

[center]
ThinkDigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 11:44
Blender is as powerful as free 3D programs come - hard as heck to learn, though.

Wings 3D is much simpler, far easier to use - but it is far less powerful, it's UV mapping tools aren't awesome, and there are no animation functions.

Both are free (open-source). Personally I prefer to use a combination of the two.

"Variables won't, constants aren't."
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2007 12:33
Quote: "Im guessing the first thing I need to start with is model creation"

That's probably the worst place to start. Firstly, you'll become demotivated very quickly once you've done the visually exciting stuff, and all you have left is coding.

Secondly, until you've written your engine, you have no idea what your model requirements will be in terms of size, animation, interoperability etc...

The best place to start is a proof of concept. Make sure you can do the bits that are essential for your game to work. And make sure that your proof of concept can be easily dropped into your final engine to save you lots of time.

Good Luck!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:23:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:23:04