Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Metal Gear Solid The Movie

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 19:04
It's quite old news, but Hideo Kojima wants to make an MGS movie.

Details are foggy, but he's considering casting Russel Crowe as Snake.

I can think of another Australian that would better suit Snake: Hugh Jackman.

He's proven he can do the voice (X Men, as Wolverine, not too far off) and make up could make the perfect Snake.

What do you think? Any suggestions for other characters?
Who wants cake? I've got a little slice of hell for everyone.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 19:21
Russel Crowe?

Good god, he's gonna have a hell a time (that was sarcastic in case you were wondering)...

Hugh Jackman would be brilliant. He's already proven he can do totally different roles with ease (Kate & Leopold, X-Men and X2). On top of that, he's not supposed to be an a$$!!!!...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 20:46
Russel Crowe? ... Japanese directed...
Noooooo we want a GOOD movie!!

don't think i know how Hugh Jackman is, but whoever plays snake should be an american if you ask me - nothing against aussies, but you really need a yankie as Solid Snake and a brit playing Liquid Snake, and they have to be bloody thin too.

i mean look at russel crowe, he's not just an ass but he's also pretty big in all directions and Solid is a slip of a guy with not large but well defined Muscles... its not a common physiqué to find, and i know all to well cause thats what mine is like and there arn't too many people like it.
the best thing to remember is that Solid is an espoinage agent not a jump in all guns blazing...

would depend who's in the movie, but i think Nicole Kidman as SniperWolf and i have a picture in my head of the actor for Raven - but i can't remember the name.

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 20:48
What is with their absolutely idiotic names anyways? Solid Snake... phhhhh

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 21:02
they're callnames ... Solids real name is David or something normal

Within the Epic battle of the fates the Shadow and the Angel will meet. With it will harbinger the very fight of good vs evil!
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 21:14
That's even more unbelievable than all the names in X-Men

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
lcfcfan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 23:14
I agree, hugh jackman should play snake!

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2003 23:56
WTF! Russel Crowe? nah man, though i forsee hugh jackman doing a pretty good job what about kurt russel?

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 00:15
kurt russel? christ someones smoking some strong stuff tonite

why are they so unbelievable mouse?
my mates callsign in the RAF is pussycat ... cause well i'm sure you could guess why hehee - but you'll have some weird callnames out there.

most people go by pseudonims when they're involved in illegal or just low profile work. Usually this callname becomes thier nickname.
There is currently a pretty bigtime assasin called the StoneViper, not entirely sure where the name comes from ... or whether its a guy or a girl - all i know is that SV is bloody good at making sure that the victims suffer by shotting them in a place where you can't save them and they'll take a long time to die from lead poisioning.
Something like the Liver if i remember right.
truely horrific way to die too, as you blood ends up going black just before you die and it can take upto 4hrs - very nasty stuff (but thats what $3million gets you nowadays)

callsigns are just that, something you call people by over the radio they don't have to make sense just you know who your talking to and anyone who is listening in doesn't.
its like why you called a target something like Past Bovine (dead meat hehee) or something.

as long as you know what it means it could be as stupid as it likes, oftenly you'll be called something that traits your personality though.

AlecM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 00:21
russle crow would just end up fighting Hideo

Fight'n Around the world

Goto http://www.shellshockede.com
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 01:20
My point is the Solid/Liquid thing. Seems too... obvious. Odd. Not sure about it.

Being shot in the liver is indeed a painful way to die, but it isn't a very intelligent way to assassinate. It's sloppy. Inflicting pain? Stomach. Quite painful, but over in minutes, not hours. Quick and clean is the classic shot to the heart of course.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 04:20 Edited at: 28th May 2003 04:24
In the beginning...

There was GreyFox. This was an innocent callsign for a man who was thought of as the perfect warrior, so his DNA was extracted and then experimentation took place.

I think Solid and Liquid came about because Solid is all the good parts of the DNA and Liquid is the bad stuff.

During the process of filtration, you put the solution onto filter paper. The liquid goes through and becomes solute, and the solid that's left over, well, I forget the scientific name for it, but it's the "good stuff."

Solidus is refined Solid and there you have it, Les Enfants Terrible.

It's a metaphor, or at least that's my vague theory.

But yeah, VulcanRaven, SniperWolf, PsychoMantis, it goes on like that.

MGS2 was more inventive. I'll congratulate the first person to tell me why one of the character's names is Vamp.

Hugh Jackman: Perfect voice, physique and makeup, there you go.

And Japanese directed movies are good!

Oh and uh, the X Men names were invented by Marvel to battle DC Comics, who had lame names like Batman, Robin and Catgirl. They responded with cool names, like Wolverine, Sabertooth, and Storm.

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 05:15
'Good stuff' and 'Bad stuff' coming out of DNA? Oh, come-bloody-on-that's-ridiculous!

At least the second had a decent plot.

I assume.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 06:01

Snake? What happened? Snake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake!!! - Colonel Roy Campbell

Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Solid Snake/Liquid Snake/Master Miller: Kurt Russell! (E.F.N.Y, E.F.L.A)

Col. Campbell: The Coloniel from Rambo. HE IS PERFECT! Robert something

Ocelot: Jon Voight

Wolf: Heather Locklear, (with lots of voice training)

Meryl: Ashley Judd (with some "youngifing" make up, no offense Ash, you are a babe!)

Otacon: That guy who plays Cyclops because all he does is cry (X2) what a baby!

Raven: The Rock! (don't look at me like that you know you want him too!)

Mantis: geez...hmmmmm....uh....

Darpa Chief: Danny Glover

Armstech pres: Marlon Brando (questionable)

Naomi: One of those Teen movie actors (too many to name, but one probably fits)

Mei Ling: Jackie's Girlfriend from the movie when he's a Chef.

Nastasha Romenko: Femke something...jean Grey from Xmen (just cause of the russian gal she played in 007.

I can't remember anymore people cause I haven't played it in forever but when Twin Snakes comes out I am soooo there!

AIPX Rocks
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
AGH! GRAY FOX!!!!!! That's a tough one, help me out

AIPX Rocks
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Raven, you wouldn't wanna see Kurt as Snake! He and Christopher Walken where Kojima's inspiration for Snake!

OH! GRAY FOX!!!! Christopher Walken!!! ooooooohhhh yeah!

AIPX Rocks
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
Mirth...no no no
Big Boss was the DNA donor.
Gray Fox was the member of Fox Hound that Snake freed in the First MG (NES) looooooong time ago.

AIPX Rocks
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 09:57
they may have been the influence, but he'd kill the character.
i mean personally i'd scan around to see people who actually fit the bills better.

reason i said Nicole Kidman for Sniper Wolf was she can do a bloody good russian accent, and she has the abilities to pull off the character effectively. Aluring yet dangerous to the core
lol ya know we could just fit the whole cast as aussies and be done with it

ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 13:41
yeah nicole kidman sounds good. when did you find out that it was on the orginal game. look at FFs movie thats not a game, although it would have been so much better if they used FF VIIs plot but oh well. Do you think that vulcan raven has to be white coz i think that some massive black guy could play them (have top alter the story a bit)

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Mirthin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 16:18
What I didn't like about the Final Fantasy movie was that it wasn't Final Fantasy. If anything, I guess it was Final Sci-Fi.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 19:45
Ok Mirthin, I have to say your MGS code name logic is off a little.

First, Liquid is the superior, not Solid why do you think he can survive the Hind D crash, a fall from Metal Gear Rex, coyuntless Singer missles, gun fire, another crash, and then Foxdie. Solid Snake dieds if falls 30 feet.

Secondly, Soidius was created/born before Liquid and Solid. You have to be over 35 before you can be president and Solid is 34 as of the end of MGS2.

Third, the first part of the FoxHound codenames refer to the person's feild of expertise. Ocellot was a gun master, Wolf was a sniper. Solid probably got his name from the fact he's good in all areas, his skills are solid. Liquid is probable becuase he's highly adapitible allways changing. The second part is some sort of rant, Grey Fox was the best so he got the title of Fox. Of couse, when you get into Dead Cell it changes a bit. Forcune - bullets seamed to miss her, Fatman - Named after the first Nuclear Bomb (he made he own at 10), and Vamp - for being Bisexual (but I suppose the vimpire like abillities had something to d with it).

As for the movie I think Kurt Russell would make a good Snake, however I beleave the Rock, along with all other "Pro Wreslers" should stay far, far away from the movies.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2003 20:27
Rock should stick to mindless action like Scorpion King. He can at least hold his own against the unknowns in that kind of a situation...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
ClearCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 00:39
mantis = jim carey
octacon = freddie prince jr
ocolot = sean conery

thats what i got so far

Newbie Now; Expert Later
Current project:The Sorus
Wayne
Years of Service
User Offline
The Rock could be Raven. Think about it:

"He is, as you said, when in battle he is like a demon."

It'll BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

AIPX Rocks
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 13:30
This is my take for the snakes:

1. Solidz = if its not Kurt , the next best thing is Viggo Mortison (Aragorn in LOTR) - he just need to husk his voice like Kurt.

2. Liquid = Johnny Depp - good impersonation of a slithering pirate in his latest movie , just need to shape up his body & work on the accent to be like Liquid.

3. Solidus = Sean Connery (long hair & beard in The Rock). Either he's good as Solidus, or as Revolver.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 20:03
Agreed, Depp is one hell of an actor, you seen him in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"? Sean Connery would make a good Revolver.

The Rock could NOT pass for Raven
1) Raven is from Alaksa, closly related to native Americain
2) Raven is intellegent, if you are part of pro wressling you aren't
3) Raven is freling HUGE, you think the Rock would look right holding a 20 cm Vulcun Cannon?
4) We need someone who can act.

Teenage Male Geek + Female Remotly Intersted in Common Geek Activities = Teenage Male Jackass
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 21:35
sorry for going off topic but no point starting a new thread to announce that "the punisher" is following the rescent marvel comic => film transitions.

everyday of life is a new chapter that has already been fortold but is up to the soul to capture.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 22:42
holy sh*ts , is that Chris Lambert??
my goodness , wtf were the producers thinking?? lol! just j/k!
Now we need to see how he does it as the Punisher

(who's gonna be Nick Fury? Jack Nicholson?)

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 23:12
Jeez, how many will they make?

Then again, I've enjoyed all that I've seen .

Daredevil looked a little ridiculous (I am God of Angst and Matrix-Like Effects. Watch me kill hundreds of nameless minions in bullet time with blue 'no-sight' vision), so I haven't seen it, but Spiderman was excellent, X-Men was awesome, and X2 was stunningly good.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 02:52 Edited at: 30th May 2003 02:52
Solid Snake's actor had been announced! lol! (j/k)
(my personal opinion = )

definitely

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 02:57
uh uh uh check this out! lol!

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/blairmk/fantasy_cast/mgs/title.htm

Jet Li is the Ninja! (and everybody forgot Decoy Octopus.. )

hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 04:17 Edited at: 30th May 2003 04:20
yep, that about sums it up, pretty perfect cast, i'm sure if you send that link to Hideo Kojima he'd probably give it a lot of consideration and looking at solid along side hugh makes it a lot more clear why he would be the perfect choice what a career, sword fish, x-men, metal gear solid (possibly a sequel if it's a hit which i'm more than sure it would be)

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 19:34
*winces at nightmarishly bad artwork in link*

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 08:03 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2003 08:21
uh uh i just thought some puurrrrfect actors!

Otacon: the actor for Dr Daniel Jackson (from Stargate)
Campbell: Gene Hackman
Raven: Vin Diesel (must make him increase in size - like LOTR style)

oh yeah..
Psycho Mantis: Marilyn Manson!!!
(can't get any better! either Marilyn, or lets put Keanu! lol!)

I wanted to put Ed Harris as Master Miller, but Ed just doesn't have the calm smooth voice, and i dun think so its gonna work even after he practise it (based on his voice in The Rock)

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 09:25
You really don't need to get a "star" for Mantis since his face is coverd, get the guy that did Mantis's voice toplay the part.

Nilrem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 15:53
On a sidenote, taken from the site:-http://pages.sbcglobal.net/blairmk/funny/calls.htm

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 16:05
they're gonna ruin MGS justv like they did resident evil... personally i dont care since i cant stand the games im not too patient when it comes to stealthy games, but some of you might care.

uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine check it out. ill soon be formally opening it.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 16:59 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2003 16:59
Quote: "You really don't need to get a "star" for Mantis since his face is coverd, get the guy that did Mantis's voice toplay the part."

Yup, true that Mantis face is covered. But he did took it off in the end, and that might trigger something for the director & producer. U know, like how they did for BullsEye (Daredevil) & Wolverine (XMen)? They were suppose to be covered as well.

In other words, the director might rethink Mantis appearence because he does play an important role in MGS (as a Boss & as the killer to Darpa Chief & Decoy Octopus).

And wat is wrong with Resident Evil thats gonna ruin MGS??

Cras
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 17:12
the film ruined the games... it was just a complete copy of the plot... all resi players (who i know) lost interest in the games after... and it generally just tired the idea of it. Its the effect of films.

uk.geocities.com/maniacimagine check it out. ill soon be formally opening it.
Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2003 19:40
Well, hopefully the MGS movie dun do the same to the players that u've known.

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 02:34
I don't know, the game had one hell of a story, movie makers might dumb it down a bit so the everyman can enjoy it, but what's the fun in that?

Solidz Snake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2003 05:32
it might not be fun for ppl who enjoyed the game, but it would be hell of a fun for ppl who never played a videogame before. fair and square, but hey, who wouldn't enjoy it a bit if it comes close to the original superb storyline?

heck, LOTR was undoubtedly majestic in them books, and each story are far more epic & dumbfounding, but still they made awesome movies out of it while trying to reduce those original saga into 3 hours every movie.

lets pray it does not turn out to be like Street Fighter ... me think that nowadays games-to-movies producers learnt alot from that
(i did not mention comics-to-movies)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:39:30