Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Kuro Project Looking for Texture Artist!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, i am currently making a Game Using the New X-Quad Editor Engine. . .

Im working on a Post Apocalyptic 3rd Person Shooter, you can visit my website at http://kuro.vze.com

there isnt much there yet, but you can see the first chapter synopses and a screenshot of the Main Character.

Im looking for a Texture Artist to edit a City SkyBox Texture, & about several Different Building Textures: that appear to be in Ruin/Destroyed to go along with the Post Apocalypse Theme.

Please E-mail me @ jonmalave@hotmail.com if you are interested. This is purely for fun, i am not going to profit from this Game.
You will get Full Credit for your work.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 17:07 Edited at: 27th Jun 2007 17:08
You're not going to get much of a favorable response. You have no progress to speak of. Your character screenshot is a Dark Matter 2 model.

I must say also that Dark Matter 2 models are useless for games, unless you reanimate the model yourself. There is no bone structure to manipulate the limbs to speak of, except for the weapon limb. The models are huge, upwards of 6 mb, which really limits the number of entities you can put on the screen at once. The main character should be around 1 mb, and other entities should ideally be half that.

I recommend gathering whatever stock media you can and creating your game engine first, then reposting with pictures, videos, and your help request. Good luck with the project.

Come see the WIP!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 17:21
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

Now, why should any of us care about this?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 17:25
@Opposing force -
I've already stated every useful thing that can be said of this, barring someone actually accepting the position. There is no need for anyone to post anything negative at all given that I've covered it all and offered a practical course of action to fix it.

Come see the WIP!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 17:29
Ok Cash, I'm sorry...Have a beer...

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 19:06
Post some screenies or no one will know if you're making progress. Just another one of those threads...

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2007 20:16 Edited at: 27th Jun 2007 20:17
Quote: "I've already stated every useful thing that can be said of this"

Unless I'm seeing wrong, he just stated a valid point, there was nothing negative about it.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2007 07:58
It was negative. It didn't give any useful feedback in regard to the original post. Posts like this frequently attract lots of flames, and my point is that unless someone has something very different to say then they shouldn't say it.

Come see the WIP!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 04:42
That is your opinion. And now, here is mine...

It gave useful feedback in regard to how bad a team request this was. If Kuroshu tried to answer that question, he'd realise that no one indeed should care because this looks like a project that is just in planning, and is not worthy of a team request here.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2007 19:36
Just another point - since when did the world become left handed?
its an absolute disgrace that anybody could consider selling left handed charactors only - I have never seen a fps left handed perspective - for a reason perhaps? Anyone know how to get my money back or does this mean I have been done out of £50 as I don`t seem to be able to find any one to complain to?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 20:19:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 20:19:24