Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need a box standard simple space invader tutorial.......please help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, Iknow.......another newbie!
Sorry guys but I'm close to packing the whole thing in. I just want to get my brain working again.
I looked and looked but can anyone let me know where I can get a simple DBPro tutorial on how to write a simple Space Invaders.
I know it's been done to death but it's where I want to start. I want to be able to fully understand 2D gaming before I venture into 3D gaming.
Everyone is saying how easy DB is but I'm still having trouble with Create Animated Sprite & Play Sprite, things not appearing, things not moving etc.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete dunce but even a fully remarked simple source code would be really appreciated, thanks guys....
Johaness
Years of Service
User Offline
check newsletter tutorials.
Gazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Johaness,
I'll have a look. I know it must be frustrating for you guys and us newbies but we really need you!!

Thanks,

Gazz
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 03:09 Edited at: 29th Jun 2007 03:10
Gazz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks TDK!
.......the screenshot looks fab!
Had a look and downloaded the tutorials in the newsletter but was a 3d version.
I guess the principles are the same but I want to start simple so I can fully understand what each line of code is doing.
It's so simple to rob someone's source code and change some sprites but that's not my intention. I want to understand the the code.
Thanks again,

Gazz
Gazz
Years of Service
User Offline
TDK....Looked at the .EXE of the Space Invaders. Brilliant, just what I wanted.
Gameplay is a little fast and the alien bullets come down like rain but nothing that can't be adjusted.
Is the source code or tutorial on it located on your second link?
Have I to register and find it there??

Gaz
Adam_db
Years of Service
User Offline
I totally understand where you are coming from, 2d is a good way to understand programming before leaping into mathematical nightmares!

for our college project, we made a space invaders type game, check it out, it has some splash screens and other things that might inspire you, feel free to take whatever you need from my code, but i recommend that you only take parts you -Understand- first.

----------------------------------------------------
Just because they are paranoid, doesnt mean they arent out to get you.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:20:03