Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / chain sequence error?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 07:36
Everytime i try to create a limb i get a chain sequence error
Here's the code i'm using

If its possible i would like to know whats causing the problem and how to fix it.
Thanks in advance

i'm the M king.
Brain111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 08:10 Edited at: 29th Jun 2007 08:13
That's cool that you're interested in what's causing the problem, not just how to fix it, that's the right mindset. Alot of people on here are just like "gimme the code!" and you wonder if they are learning from it or just slapping together what youre telling them.

It would have been really helpful if you included the f17.x file though, because it really depends on how many limbs it has. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess it only has 1.

Whats causing the problem?
In darkbasic, your limb numbers HAVE to go in order. You can't have a model with a limb 1, a limb 4, a limb 13, and a limb 28918237. Also, you can't have an object with two limbs of the same number. When you get a chain sequence error, it means you aren't adding limbs in the right order.

How to fix it?
You have to figure out what the last limb is in your object and then add one to that. As I said before, my guess is that your object only has one limb, so you will want to use limb 2 for your add limb command.

If that doesn't work, please upload your object so we can take a look at it.

Also, please don't put your code in all caps, it hurts peoples eyes, hahaha.

Anarchy Burger - hold the Government!
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2007 08:45
Ok,file attached.

i'm the M king.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brain111
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:39
A really useful command that dbpro has is the "perform checklist for limbs" command, so look at this:

From this, I concluded that your object somehow has 10 limbs, so you will want to use limb 11 for your next limb. It's interesting that whoever made that model chose to break it into 10 limbs.

Anarchy Burger - hold the Government!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:20:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:20:53