Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Snakes on a Train!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, the second stage of the game my team and I are creating is supposed to be on a moving train within a tunnel. We are unsure of how to approach this since 1) There aren't really any true train interior graphics about and 2) we are unsure about how an animated skybox might work. The goal of the level is to go between 6 train cars and obliterate the snakes with either a shovel [we have it modeled/textured] or a revolver [which we also have].

Given the information, how would one approach creating a train moving within tunnel level?
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 00:05
a script

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 00:23
Quote: "a script"

Don't answer questions if you don't know the answer.

Well, you can't really have a moving train. FPSC won't allow you to be inside of a moving dynamic entity.

Animated skyboxes are possible either.

Renegade Lawmaker
Years of Service
User Offline
what if the windows had an animated decal of lights going by? That still leaves the problem of the train interior [most trains aren't perfect cubes or rectangular prisms, would it be possible to have a curved ceiling?
Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 00:58 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 01:00
Hmm well Im still a noob myself to FPSC, but I can give some suggestions that maybe another member could maybe answer for you.

Have a train model which you spawn in or whatever.. Keep the player inside the train. maybe have some windows that are barely visable out of. maybe have moving entities outside the train that continues in a set path that goes by the window giving a impression that your moving.
Have a background sound of the train engine/tracks playing while inside. maybe have some effects outside such as Smoke flying by the windows also.
Not sure what else you could do to make this possible. But thats my best guess.

Good luck with this

---------------------------------
Interested in making games. Yea im a newb, but I could create the next big hit! So keep a EYE on me
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:12
maybe you can possibly make the train into a character into a waypoint
meanwhile you start inside of it (just a thought)

Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:22
Well Inspire said:"Well, you can't really have a moving train. FPSC won't allow you to be inside of a moving dynamic entity." but thats entitys so im not sure about making it a character. I think FPSC would crash if you had a character that large moving, while inside it.

Interested in making games. Yea im a newb, but I could create the next big hit! So keep a EYE on me
Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:29
Animated skyboxes; Possible
Train interior; Defintely possible. Jsut require you to 3D model/texture!

Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:34
well there u go. animate the sky box would be ur best bet.

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 01:48
Gunna have to talk to butters or something... I know he did it..

Game Creators
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 03:07
Im also curious to know how to do this. If you ever get a hold of him and find out, would you please PM me Smitho?
Thanks

Trinity Pictures
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 04:26
my guess is that this will either be locked...or be moved to FPSC chat. Don't be suprised.

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 08:01
a track can be easily done with an animated decal, as well as say walls of a tunnel, but I wouldnt have too many spots where you can see the movement.Constricting it to a tunnel may help...no pun intended.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:28:43