Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS Camera

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 09:16 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 09:19
Ok, my main problem right now is the view from my gun. Basically, it's positioned nicely, though, when you look up/down it goes all nuts... when looking up... the arm desides to go to the right completely off the screen, and down, well, lets just say that you can tell that there is no body attached... it zooms out a little, and rotates oddly so the full limb from hand to shoulder is visible... any ideas what may be wrong?

To clarify, I have made a full character and hidden it so to not interfere, and show it when needed... but the arms i loaded separately, and have them rotate to the heros position and angle.

thanx for the time...

Here's a little sample pic of what i mean when looking down...

I guess I should add that I do not want to use lock object for obvious reasons... thanx again

www.soundclick.com/octoberscry ---> My Doom Metal Band
www.soundclick.com/outercharm ----> Progressive Metal Stuff
<---GO NOW---> hehehe

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 09:32
Well, we're going to need some code to help you out more =) The picture does not show much, it really depends on how you are handling the positioning of your arm.

Post up your code and it would help the members of our forum help you =)

Cheers,
Bishop

Tux is my guildmaster.
Dreamon Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 09:37 Edited at: 30th Jun 2007 09:41
Ok, it's messy and long... so, i'll just have to hack a little of it out i guess...

Thanx again... sorry for not posting it the first time...

<---GO NOW---> hehehe
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 12:12
It's because the world camera x,y and z coordinates relative to the object totally change if you want the cam to stay at the same absolute radial distance and angle from the gun when the gun is tilting (see pic).

Not sure if "set camera to follow" would work.

Otherwise you must use trig to implement it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dreamon Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2007 21:16
Thanx Scorpyo, i think i get what you mean... I have no clue how I would use trig for that, but, i'll try a few things, and see if i can get it to work, so far, i've just lengthend the arm, and pushed it back, the arm shows, but, only up to the shoulder instead, so it looks a little better, and the pistol shows to a certain point when looking up, which is better but, not that good... so, i'll see what I can do with this info... thanx a ton

<---GO NOW---> hehehe
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 00:03 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 00:16
Use the NEWXPOSITION, NEWYPOSITION, and NEWZPOSITION. Using these command you can give a new position outward from a given position and direction. For instance;

would position the object 1 unit on the x axis at the angle given. Use the Z and Y positions to do the same from the X and Y axis, respectively.

Hope that helps,
Bishop

EDIT-

Heres a code I whipped up for you to show the basics =) just remember that the NEWYPOSITION should be based of the X angle, not the Y angle.

Tux is my guildmaster.
Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 21:44 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 21:45
He wants to achieve this:

Dreamon Star
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 03:46
thanks, that helped a lot... i think i got the right view i wanted now... thanks again

<---GO NOW---> hehehe

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:08