Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Error within my Save Matrix function

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 16:41 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 16:41
EDIT:Forgot to note this is Dark Basic Pro.

Alright,i made a save matrix function for some editor i am working on,Though it does not seem to write the files required to add.Can anybody figure out why?

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 23:55 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2007 23:55
Quote: "EDIT:Forgot to note this is Dark Basic Pro."

You don't need to - take a look at the name of the board you posted on...

Quote: "Though it does not seem to write the files required to add"

You might need to expand on that - it doesn't make a lot of sense I'm afraid. What files and add what?

Examining your source code, the first thing that comes to mind is that you should choose more meaningful names for your variables.

For example, 'abc' and 'D' mean very little to someone viewing your code trying to figure out what it's doing - even though you do know what it's doing. The same goes for the lack of indentation.

I can also make a couple of suggestions which might help:

H should be H# as Get Matrix Height returns a float. That isn't be the main problem though.

I don't understand why you are writing 51 files!?

Shouldn't all of the data be written to a single file?

TDK_Man

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 07:46
I want it to write all those files,then compile it into 1 file,for the purpose i still get how my own process works.

Anyway,ABC is for the X parts of the matrix,and D is for the Z parts.I just allways give those weird variables to that.As all usefull are global's or types.

But i'll try your way TDK,it seems way better and faster

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:23:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:23:16