Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Another error in DBpro while using Sparky.DLL

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 06:54
Hi all,i got into a problem again while trying to set up collision for my object while using the Sparky.DLL,i look in the commands that the sparky.dll came with and i ended up a code:

But when i try to use it i get a error saying:"unknown command"
And when i looked in the commands i saw the code like this

So whats a return float(i looked like everywhere and could not find that info)?,and if you know a easy way to create smooth collision using the sparky dll,pleas explain it to me step by step in this topic on how to do it.

i'm the M king.
Alquerian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2007 18:53
'return float' is the type of variable it returns, in this case, a float. In DBP the way to differentiate a float from an integer is with the use of the # symbol. So 'X' is an int and 'X#' is a float.
So what the code should look like is this:

Where obj1 and obj2 are the 2 entities which you are checking for collision with.

Visit the Wip!
Crit
Years of Service
User Offline
And just to make things crystal clear, you need to use the parens when you call the function.

You wrote:

should be:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 01:22:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 01:22:55