Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Human Sheild

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 00:14
This sort of goes with the dual weild thing (a pistol in one hand and a uzi in the other) if an enemy has his back turned to you, you should be able to sneak up next to him and grab him while dropping one of your weapons (if you are dual weilding), you could only hold him until he died....a good way to have someone else soak up bullets meant for you, or a chance to get away without being shot....what do you guys think?

Artist/Modellor of Encrypto Studios
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 01:27
Well, that "could be done" by the following.

Make an arm, that on click, displays the animation of grabbing around a neck.

Somehow, make it so that while you hold down the mouse, or, let go, the arm stays still on a seperate amount of keyframes meant for "arm around neck, idle".

Insert a script, in the enemies AI, that tells it to die, and the ragdoll fly towards the player, and "stick to the player" at center view, until the player let's go of the mouse.

It's gotta somehow be able to be done.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 02:22
That's a seriously fudged way to do it, and there is no way commands like that will be implemented.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 20:42
I don't see that as a good feature for an FPS - then again, I think the new Goldeneye game did it...but I don't recall liking that one

Although for the ragdoll thing, if I recall correctly ragdolls freeze into the scene after a set amount of time or just sitting there, so you might get him stuck to you, knowing FPSC

Vote today and play the games!
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 22:52
Quote: "if I recall correctly ragdolls freeze into the scene after a set amount of time or just sitting there, so you might get him stuck to you, knowing FPSC "

hehehe, get it off me! get it off me!!!

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 01:17
@Silent: rofl

"Or perhaps we're just one of god's little jokes?"
TEST OF WILL
Years of Service
User Offline
You got this from Goldeneye Rough Agent Yeah that was good probably wouldn't be possible, but still cool
ZeD XF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 08:25
Quote: "if I recall correctly ragdolls freeze into the scene after a set amount of time or just sitting there, so you might get him stuck to you, knowing FPSC"

Actualy I think they freeze after they stop moving. And you might be able to overide this feature via a script or something, Im not sure...

Fancy a spot of pain?
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 11:16
One problem. The HUD model renders last, so if the hand was part of the HUD it would be impossible to get the hand to go around the characters neck. The most you could do is have the gun point towards the enemy's head and lock its position, or something like that...

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 11th Jul 2007 17:39
that would still be cool, but then you couldnt shoot

Robert F
Years of Service
User Offline
Maybe, you could turn a ragdoll/entity into a prop, then use MOUSE2 (pick up entities) to pick it up!

Nah.
Ragged Druid
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't see that as a good feature for an FPS - then again, I think the new Goldeneye game did it...but I don't recall liking that one "

XIII also did it, and that game was great. The main difference was, in XIII, people wouldn't shoot you while you had a human shield... unless you turned your back to them or broke the hostage's neck, of course!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 02:14:16
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 02:14:16