Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Window retexture.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been struggling with removing the bio symbol from the the following texture:
texturebank\scifi\scenery\windows\win_b\win_b_D2.dds

I keep getting a black window with a blue radio active symbol.

It is stock media.

Is there anyone that would mind giving it a shot. I would really appreciate it.

I'm trying to get just the window effect with no symbol.

I found the following thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86325&b=24

It has the clear window but it doesn't have the blue shaded window effect. I just want the same window exactly without the symbol.

Would someone please see if they can do that?

Thanks.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Unknown Truth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 06:32
Here you go, to install, just go here and paste the file. click overwrite or whatever it says.

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\texturebank\scifi\scenery\windows\win_b

Enjoy...

The truth is still unknown... or is it!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Unknown Truth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 06:36
screen shot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 07:13
Quote: "Here you go, to install, just go here and paste the file. click overwrite or whatever it says.

C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\Files\texturebank\scifi\scenery\windows\win_b

Enjoy..."

wow, get ready to get noob slapped, that texture doesn't look changed enough.......

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 09:38
It's fine. Rick or somebody said that as long as you change it, you can distribute it. At least, that's what I think I remember.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 15:15
As long as you aren't selling them posting a free retexture is cool with TGC...we aren't going to get picky about retextures anymore.It's a chance for forum members to breathe new life into stock media.

Please have mercy and use the search function.
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unknown Truth: Thanks a ton. you really helped me allot. I am not new to FPSC but I have not been able to get the results I wanted. Can you tell what program you used and how you did it?

@Silent Thunder: FredP hit it right on the head. TGC has a liberal stance on retextures. As long as it is given away to another person that has a valid copy of FPSC they don't seem to mind. They just dont want their work flung to the 4 winds as is. They have really given us allot of room to work with on many things.

The person that now knows the most started with many questions. Patients and tolorance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. http://gamedesigntech.byethost7.com/
Unknown Truth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 19:17 Edited at: 6th Jul 2007 19:18
I used photoshop cs2. I cloned the area next to it on the symbol and hid it. Then I did the same on the alpha map. It was pretty simple actually.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 21:13
Quote: "It's fine. Rick or somebody said that as long as you change it, you can distribute it. At least, that's what I think I remember."

Oh, wow, I forgot about that, I remember now, sorry......

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
@Unknown Truth: What is the name of the alpha map that you altered? There are many texture files in that folder.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 16:41:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 16:41:50