Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Pay for concept art.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 19:21 Edited at: 7th Jul 2007 00:37
Hello,

Some may remember me and some may not. I am very excited to see the FPSC community still growing strong. I am looking for character concept art and since I am not a good artist I am willing to pay for an artist’s service. (That will be negotiated off line)

I will not be using the characters in FPSC but approach this community for its young talented artists. Listed below are my thoughts of what I'd like to see and from there I hope to tap into your creativity.

Character must be generic and of human form. (Male or female)
Character is of military fashion.
Character is a cross of Riddick http://www.pitchblack.com/blackbox/index.html and Blade from the movie blade. http://www.scifimoviepage.com/art_blade3.html . Please note that I do like body armor.
Character can be of any ethnic group.
Must show front and back of Character.
Rights and ownership will transfer to me after you receive payment in full. (Artist will retain full credit for his/her work)

Please contact me through this forum or PM. If you have artwork to show please post here. I'm sure I have left out needed information so please ask questions.

This is not a request to join a team, but a request to purchase artwork.

MODS- If I have placed this on the wrong board please move to proper location. If I have violated forum rule, please forgive me and lock thread.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 20:53
how much are you paying?

go to:
www.freewebs.com/futurefps
www.chainoffreedom.com.piczo.com
Luciferia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 20:55
i suspect that will depend on the quality. And by the way, by millitary do you mean uniform or Splinter cell style special ops suit?
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 21:41
here is a pic of a person that i made awhile ago

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 00:34
That looks like something from MakeHuman.

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

@Darimc - price is based on quality. I am not your normal customer due to the fact that I believe in paying for quality work. Again I would be willing to discuss offline. Thank you for your intrest.

@ luciferia -
Quote: "uniform or Splinter cell style special ops suit."
That is my thought but please feel comfortable to expand on that. But I am looking for Generic with quality. Thank you for your intrest.

@ Da power - Thank you for your intrest and your model looks very nice. I would like to see more on the lines of concept at this time.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 01:34
You don't always need to design a reference image. For instance here is a model I own, I put it under a scanner and made it look like a sketch in photo shop so it is easier to work with. I think I would be able to sell them to you as a reference image set (without text on or watermark) but I'm not sure.

go to:

Attachments

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 01:38
And here is a reference image I drew (yet to do back). Maybe I can sell you both the reference models I scanned (and turned into a sketch) and both of the reference images I drew (yet to do the back) In a pack. All with no text, no watermark and free for whatever you want.

go to:

Attachments

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Here is an example of detail and quality I'm looking for. I hope this helps. I am sorry for not providing more direction. I understand there is a cost for this level. Thank you.

http://www.garagegames.com/blogs/67435/13188

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 03:41
Thats a model, not concept art. I thought my deal was pretty good.

go to:
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 03:54
try
conceptart.org

fpsc forums are not really the place for high quality concept artists.
Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2007 04:52 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 00:40
Heya Dog!

I'm interested. =]
I just finished my Art GCSE (target A*) and I am going on to do a national diploma in art.
And to cut a long story short... I need cash!
I'm willing to help you if you like.
Here are some examples of my art, these are pieces of concept art for the game I am currently planning: 'The Ahtaryn Chronicles'. I just need an x10 complatible PC to make it, hense my need for cash.

If you are interested then leave a message here and then we can organise some offline contact to make further arrangements.

EDIT: Just say if you want to see any more artwork, I can draw weapons and vehicles too, any genre you like.

~Flash

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

@ Darimc - Thank you for showing me your art and sharing your ideas. It has been very helpful. Could I see more of your talents please?

@ fallen one - Thank you for sharing the link. I will be visiting the site soon. I believe there is some major talent waiting to move to the next level. It is my hope to help someone on their way while helping myself with my inabilities and lack of art talent which is needed when developing a project.

@ flash - Thank you for allowing me to see your art. I would love to see a few more examples of your abilities if you have them available. I will be watching this thread closely

Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 01:21 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 01:33
Sure thing! Anything particular you wanna see?
I'll upload some more of my character designs in a second, let me know if there is anything specific you want to see (weapons, vehicles, locations, etc) Though from what I can tell you are mainly interested in character art?

EDIT: Here is some more of my artwork for you, once more, all artwork for my game, 'The Ahtaryn Chronicles'.

Here is some non character art, sorry for the poorer image quality, these two are A3 and would not fit into my scanner, so the images were taken with a camera.

~Flash

Dog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 01:34 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 01:36
Flash,

I am really interested in talent at the moment. Any and all artwork would be great. Thank you for taking the time to show me your work. (Check your email)

Flash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 01:36 Edited at: 8th Jul 2007 02:19
Any time.
I'm affraid I dont have a lot of artwork to show you at the moment, since most of it has been sent off to be marked for my art GCSE, but I will rustle together whatever I can find and post it here for you. Or if you prefer, do you have MSN? It might make contact easier?

EDIT: I have a lot of 'non game' artwork, that isnt designs for games but still shows my artistic abilities, if you would like to see any of that?

SECOND EDIT: Sorry, I didnt see the '(check email)' bit, I'll do that now.

THIRD EDIT: I found some stuff, it's not strictly game artwork but it still showcases my ablilities. Please note that some of this is quite old and my abilities have improved further since.

Veery Old, but I like it:

~Flash

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 05:34
I looked back at what I drew a couple days ago... IT SUCKED! I can do much better, I will be working on the character.

go to:
n00by
Years of Service
User Offline
lol
i'll try but dnt expect me 2 be rubbish cos i'm only 13 i'll be right on it

----^ _ ^---- ThE MoOsE iS lOoSe!
----(o o)----
(V) x (V)

Login to post a reply