Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's collision : questsion ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
After being floored at the sheer smoothness of this collision I finally attempted to use it. Works like a charm expect for one this , and i hope my misunderstanding.

I have a complex mesh loaded. and for testing a cube. I start my game and the cube(player) is 1 step(the size of the player) off the ground. I also see that I can only get one step nearest to the wall (not able to touch ). I then noticed I cant get throw openings. Ok so no problem reduce the cube in 1/2 (before the collision is applied). I still cant get in openings. I now see no matter how small i make the cube the collision is always bigger and never changes.

I tired to draw the bounding box for the cube and its perfect size. I do the same for the complex mesh and the engine crashes, which I could expect. Thats a lot of pollys.

SC_SetupObject( 3,0,2 );
is my player

SC_SetupComplexObject(1,1,1 );
is the world.

Any suggestions are certainly appreciated.
unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
image(example) upload attempt.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
unitech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 19:45 Edited at: 10th Jul 2007 19:53
this is resolved, just took some tinkering..

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:47