Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / New ToGDK - Need Help With 2 Linker Errors

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 19:49 Edited at: 6th Jul 2007 21:14
LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2005: __invoke_watson already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR80D.dll)

Crogram FilesThe Game CreatorsDark GDK - FREEWARE EditionProjectsMyFirstDebugMyFirst.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

i've gone up and down with these two... it's probably something right in front of my eyes, but i can't seem to see it...

thx in advance for any help...

--Mike
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
ok,

i got the release builds compiling and linking successfuly, but so far, no luck with the debug builds...

--Mike
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2007 01:53
I ran into that too - then (this stinks) but I uninstalled the DirectX, the SDK and the Platform SDK, and installed in the recommended order, I rebooted, and it seemed OK.

I honestly don't know the "silver" bullet that made debugs start to work. It was an act of desparation because I was simply "annoyed" that it didn't work the way the IDE was meant to be used. Note - even when you do get it working - it has never allowed me to step through code - I'm sure this has something to do with how DarkGDK lib encapsulates the real void main(void) function. I just get disassembly of machine code. But it is nice that it doesn't crash my PC

Jason

Know way too many languages - Master of none
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
thx for the info J... i don't think i'm gonna go through the aggravation of uninstalling and reinstalling dx, the sdk, etc...
at least not for the time being... but this IS good to know...

i'm about to get another machine soon, and i'll be deploying some of my dev tools on that one... then i'll follow the route you took on installing them in order...

thx again...

--Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:23:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:23:28