Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I recently acquired a license to Dark GDK engine (C++). There seems to be a problem when compiling a simple test program. I set the project to Multi-Threaded Debug, and linked the libs in the V8 directory since I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. I also linked the proper include files.

However, I am getting 16 errors of " error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __invalid_parameter_noinfo"

I am running in debug mode. Are the libraries compiled in release mode? If so, how can I acquire a solution to recompile the libraries.

Even testing in Release mode still brought some errors up, so I am rather baffled. Thanks for the help

Ryan Wenke
Chalkey
Years of Service
User Offline
To Ryan

Heres how I set mine up...

1. Download Microsoft .NET framework 2.0
2. Download the latest DirectX updates (DirectX 9.0c)
3. Download the Microsoft Platform SDK
4. Download Direct X SDK (latest version)
5. Download DarkGDK (was this one patronising lol? sorry)

Then I opened Visual Studio 2005, went to Tools - Options - Projects and Solutions - VC++ Directories - In the Show Directories drop down - Include - and added...

1. ..\Microsoft Platform SDK\Include
2. ..\DirectX SDK\Include
3. ..\DarkGDK\Include

Then changed Show Directories drop down to Library Files and added...

1. ..\Microsoft Platform SDK\Lib
2. ..\DirectX SDK\Lib\x86
3. ..\DarkGDK\Lib\VS8

Then start a new Project... In the Visual C++ list you want to pick Win32 - Win32 Project. Give it a name and hit Ok. When the wizard opens hit next, then under Additional Options check Empty Project.

Add your .CPP source file, then paste the example code...

Save it, then goto Project - <Project Name> Properties - Configuration Properties - C/C++ - Code Generation - Run Time Library - Multi-threaded (/MT)

You should then be able to hit Build and Run the project.

Sorry if you have done all this and it has been no help, but there is no reason to need to be able to recompile the provided libraries so I am guessing there is a dodgy setting somewhere along the way. I'm able to compile in both debug and release mode with out recompiling any thing.

Hope I've helped!
Andy
Ryan Wenke
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok.

I linked the proper include folders and lib folders (VC8). I setup /MTd (Running in Debug Version). I set libcmt to nodefaultlib to prevent those warnings. Everything in your above post is how it's set up. The project is Win32. I am using DarkGDK C++ (Not .Net)

My compiler is Visual Studio 2005

This is the error I keep getting

I have never had any issues with any other lib. I am not sure what's wrong. Does DarkGDK (Non .NET) Support 2005?

Ryan Wenke
jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2007 16:55
You need to search the Formums for the "How I Got DarkGDK to work in Visual C++ Express" or something like that here in this forum, also make sure you have the recommnded DirectX installed/DirectX SDK, Correct Microsoft Platform SDK. Basically it took be the better part of a day to get my first "Hello World" program to work - but now it works all the time for whatever.

There are some quirky things - like Each project I make I need to exclude to libs in the link properties/optiosn for the project - like atls.lib and I think libc.lib - for example - I enter those so they are not linked.

Hang in there - you need to find the how to - and before you even start it I recommend uninstalling DirectX, any platform SDK's etc. And then download just what is specified in the how to - and install it in the order of the how too.

Good Luck.
Jason

Know way too many languages - Master of none
Chalkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah version 2005 is supported and it will work (thats the version I use).

The error LNK2001 usually happens when you create the wrong type of project for your application. Double check your project type. I'm running out of idea's, but here's a few more...

1. Enter atls.lib in the ignore specific library options
2. Try Lee's guide to setting it up over at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=86592&b=22
3. Try using these additional dependencies - ole32.lib kernel32.lib oleaut32.lib Advapi32.lib
4. Also try ignoring quartz.lib by placing it in the ignore specific library options
5. Are you using a 64bit processor? I dont know if this will have any difference but if you are you could try changing the DirectX library directory to DirectX SDK\Lib\x64 instead.
6. My last idea is to set multi-threaded(/MT) and not /MTd

Good luck.
Andy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:24:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:24:52