Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help with Models!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well see I'm new, and im wondering why replacing "make object cube 10,100" with "load object goblet.3ds,10" will cause errors? It should display the model instead, right?

o.o

^^ My uber face
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
You need quotes around the name of the file you want to load:

LOAD OBJECT "goblet.3ds", 10

Also, you may want to consider using another file format besides .3ds. I don't use them myself, but I've been reading in these forums that other people have been having problems with them.

.x files and .dbo files are probably the best to use.
Mr Peterson
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, thanks. And the errors weren't from it, but the 3DS wansn't showing up anyway. What can I use to model in .x?

o.o

^^ My uber face
FPSC Scripts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 18:51
You can convert it, blender is a great tool for that.

i'm the M king.
Mr Peterson
Years of Service
User Offline
Damn, they don't show up on screen now! Nothing does x.x

o.o

^^ My uber face
Jane Doe
Years of Service
User Offline
I think we've come to the point where we need more information as to what's going on. I'm guessing that you've updated your code, since I've copied the code from your first post and tried to run it and it blew off because it was trying to check for collision with objects that don't exist.

I think that we're going to need current code and the model that you're using in order to help you with this.

To answer your other question, I use 3D Canvas Pro myself, which is available from The Game Creators, but there are innumerable programs that you can use for making .x files. Maybe you should check out/inquire at the 3 Dimensional Chat board for more information.

Don't get frustrated. You've got a good start.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 23:16
Theres a good chance they're out of view, either too small, too big, or not centered at 0,0,0, or autocam is off. A lot of possibilities to stop the object from showing.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:14