Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Ideot question. whats the diffrent between .net and just plain darkgdk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ideot question. whats the diffrent between .net and just plain darkgdk
is it that 1 works in 2005 and 1 works on vc++.net? thanks for help
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 16:09
The original DGDK for C++ is a package of libs that you would use from a standard c++ environment. DGDK.NET is a COM Interop wrapper of the original dgdk that allows .net developers to expose the kit to .net environments like any other com interop component. The DGDK.NET can be used in any of .NET 2.0 based environments like VS2005 and the Express free versions, among others. The dgdk.net page lists the ide's that are supported. I am not sure if dgdk.net can be used in managed c++ (I assume it can be) but if you already code in c++ then you might not want the wrapper layer for COM and would just use the standard kit. I'm not a c++ guy so dont quote me on that. Apex and others here could probably answer that bit better than me

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
Mmjack
Years of Service
User Offline
Which one works in visual c++ express?? either?
Daggeth
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkGDK works in Visual C++ Express, with some tweaking (there are threads with a detailed walkthrough on how to get it working).

As for the difference... DarkGDK gives you a *minor* performance increase on most all of your game math.. AI, Physics.. etc, while DarkGDK.NET community has some pretty nifty tools out for it.

DarkGDK.NET works in any .NET language such as VB Express or C# Express.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:21:15