Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Can't find the program...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2003 23:54
There was an excellent utility that allowed one to convert and TTF into a 3d model; you could choose the depth, detail level etc, and rotate a model sample around in real-time... I don't know its name, so I can't find it now . Anyone know about this?
--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 00:03
scan2cad?

somming similar?

I think it would cost a bit though

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 00:15
No, it was a free utility...

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 07:51
most 3d packages have a feature like this.

did u mean amapi or xara 3d?

Ian T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 20:58
No, it's a free and completely seperate utility . I've almost got the name of the edge my memory... darn that's frustrating...

Thanks anyhow.

--Mouse

Famous Fighting Furball
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 12:10 Edited at: 31st May 2003 12:11
ah the tip of the tongue phenominon... there is something that almost always helps me out when that happens, it's a hypnotical strategy..

Stare at something steady, but will calm you, like a flame...a clock on the wall...get very comfortable, and completely relaxed...seriously it really works you can keep your eyes open or close them if it helps, and imagine a blackboard...do this for a long time, and imagine that what you wanna remember will be written on this board... it takes a good 15-30 mins for this to work though, so be patient if it doesnt come right away... try to clear your mind but keep imagining the black board...

[edit] this also helps when you are taking a test and you have time on your side...you can remember formulas, names, all kinds of stuff..but it takes practice

The 3D Modeler's Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/3dModeler/
The Unofficial DB Newsgroup : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DBMag/

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 00:33:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 00:33:57