Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Gamepads and Josysticks

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 02:56
Okay I am new to this product and have done a quick search and see if either DB or DBPro supports gamepads specifically with multiple analogue sticks and a dpad( 6 axis controls i think.
I have not bougt either product but will if it does support these.

Which shuold i get
Would they support the gamepads from out of teh box or do i need extra plug in/code
and finally could some one show me an example of moving on screen objects with the second analogue stick
Sanjuro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 03:23
i found this old post through a search that pretty much sums up my concerns after looking at the functions avaialbe:

Im using a usb gamepad that resembles a ps2 controller. I just want the program to accept input from all the functions on the gamepad. My problem is with the analog sticks. 1. it will only read the d-pad or the left analog stick not both.. 2. its only reading values for when you move the right analog stick up and down and not left to right. it might be something simple I dont know, I am new to darkbasic. and I am us DarkBASIC and not DarkBASIC Pro.
Any help I can get with this would be much appreciated.

This is from 2004 - has tehre been any advances in the last 3 years?
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 04:12 Edited at: 12th Jul 2007 04:16
DBPro is just the newer version of DB. It's not more difficult, but it has a lot more. Although I have never used DB, I've never heard anyone recommend it over DBPro.

I've never used it but this looks relevant. Here. It doesn't look like it has been updated in a while though, so I'm not sure about it.

magic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 03:53
My question concerns another aspect of user I/O.

I will be grateful for your insight into the capability of DBP for real world interfaces before I purchase it.

Of course, DBP supports standard joystick inputs, but I need something unusual beyond that -- OUTPUTS. For example, some response in the game could cause a real-world external event such as a lock opening.

Does DBP offer an means to access the computer parallel port?? My goal is not to print something, I plan to output bits that can be attached to logic gates and relays.

My decision to purchase Dark Basic Pro will depend on whether the parallel port is supported. I am excited about its ability to make beautiful 3D displays, and hope to use it for various applications of real world sensing and control.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 00:17:13