Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Entropy User Interface (SUI)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 03:59 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2007 08:52
Current version is 1.21

Entropy User Interface is my name for a group of functions I have made which deal with creating and controlling a customizable interface. To allow it to update quickly I shifted it to rely on Cloggy's d3d_func v3 dll in one of the previous versions. The previous versions were in the code snippets under the name “Decent Gui”, but I have decided that a 3000 line chunk of code is too long for that board and this is no longer just “Decent”.

This code is about as free and open as possible. As long as you are not explicitly taking credit for creating these functions I am fine with it.

This only works for Dark Basic Pro. Sorry for everyone else. As for DBPro users, this should be as easy as including the file.

Working:
Windows
Buttons
Scrollbars
Statusbars
Listboxes
Checkboxes
Option buttons
Inputboxes
Comboboxes [new!]

Planned:
Menu System

Questions:
Should I put a prefix in front of every function to keep it from interfering with your functions, or would this make them annoyingly long? (ex. "window_create" would become "sui_window_create")
Should I separate the inputbox into two objects? One which is for single line input and scrolls across with the cursor and one which is multi line and has a built in scrollbar like the listbox.
Do you have any ideas for other gadgets for me to create or should I just move right into the dreaded menu system?

Screenshots:
I'm in need of in-game screen shots, so these will have to do for now.

Easily runs with 3d in the background.

This is what everything looks like. (By default)

You can have as many different styles in one program as you want. (Assuming you do not exceed the limit of the integer)

Still working on this game:

Here is the download.
Here

Here is an example.

Also take note of the “user” type. Events like mouseup are stored to this allowing you to easily control events in this user interface.

[If a mod wants to delete Decent Gui from the code snippets they can since this is where I plan to post updates.]

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 07:51 Edited at: 12th Jul 2007 07:52
@Daemon
I would be happy to turn that into an actual plugin for you. It looks very interesting, keep up the good work. (If you don't want to make it an actual DLL officially, would you mind if I turned it into a DLL then distributed it (freely) saying that you are the actual author?)

Cheers,

-naota

btw.. Download leads to this exact page.

Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 08:29
I would really appreciate it being made into an actual plugin. I don't know any more than the basics of any language other than Dark Basic Pro, so I wouldn't be able to help much. Still, I'll answer any questions you have while making it, if you choose to.

Quote: "btw.. Download leads to this exact page."

Do you mean my download link isn't working for you? It seems right to me. If not, you can go to the SUI page of my website and download it from there.

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 12th Jul 2007 10:04 Edited at: 13th Jul 2007 04:50
@Daemon
Alright cool. I'll get started when I can.

Quote: "Do you mean my download link isn't working for you? It seems right to me. If not, you can go to the SUI page of my website and download it from there."

Quote: "Here is the download.
Here"

I will go to your web page and have a look, thanks.

This link *should* work.

It worked the first time I used it, now it isn't working. :S

Cheers,

-naota

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2007 01:21
Any updates?

*BUMP

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!
Daemon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 01:31
No, sorry. The code is open to anyone who wants to update it, but I haven't been using Dark Basic Pro for a while. I might come back some time. Again, sorry I abandoned this so soon after making it a WIP.

If you have any questions about the GUI you may want to e-mail me, since I don't check this board much.

Nabil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 01:49
i dunno why, but i get returned to this page if i try to download it....

-Nabil/BananaAcid- The Banana has you...?!
MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 13:47
Getting the .zip in FIREFOX:

Right click on either of the links to the zip.
Click "Copy Link Location".
Open a new tab.
Paste it into the address bar and hit enter.

Have it you should.

EBA; FUI; Mario Land Ripoff.
Every time you post a joke in the form of code, mace yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:25:31