Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / MatEdit 1.6 Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 04:25
K well I got my map perfect, its exactly what I want for the begining of my RPG. the only prob is that I dont know how to load it into DB. Now, I know that matedit was designed for DBClassic, but people said that its possible to switch it to work for DBPro, which I have. I dont know what im doin at all, so what files do I need to put in the DBP project folder? what code do I put where? Thanks in advanced for the help.
~haXor
Sup Kids
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 04:51
1) In matedit press U (I think) whichever is the write code one. You have to write the CODE and the HEIGHTMAP data (the other option)

2) Take all those files (code, heightmap) and any textures you need and put then in your PROJECTS folder like you would any other proggy.

3) Run the source, enjoy.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Go to the Eternal Destiny Forum!
haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 05:14
I have 2 questions about this. First of all, I wrote the data table, but when I tried to write the code itself, it said "runtime error: ERROR 12" so I cant write that. next, do I "add" the media, like do I press the add and do all that in the media veiwer, or do i just add it into the folder? thanks.
~haXor

Sup Kids
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2003 06:04
Just in the folder,,it actually works if you open up DB and run the source code. Id ask TDK man about that write bug cuz without the code it kinda sorta doesnt work,,at all

RPGamer

haXor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 05:58
k, im a lil confused, i got the bitmap thing, but earlier, didnt u say that matedit "didnt like DBPro, but I have the answer"? lol, cuz i thought u said some stuff in the code had to be changed

Sup Kids
Eric T
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 06:49
not sure but i think tdk's makin a patch for DBPro.

I always win don't you know that?
Programming RPG games in Dark Basic
Since 1999.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2003 20:48
OK, you need to write the source and Ill send you the LoadMatrix function someone made for me.

RPGamer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 09:58:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 09:58:29