Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2007 03:02
I have a demo of my game CAPTIVE(WIP) available for download if anyone would like to play it! I'd love to get some feedback on the puzzles. It's an action-filled puzzle game.
It's all stock media so it's not the best looking game you'll play, but the puzzles are fun and creative.
In this demo, I showcase my RC AI script that I have for sale in another thread. I also showcase my script that makes steam come out of a pipe when it's shot!

The install is 88MB.

There are some things you'll need to know about this game before you play.

1. I made this game in a very dark setting.
So it looks best when played at night or in a room with lower levels of light. However, if you must adjust the ambient lighting of the game, remember you can use the comma and the period keys on your keyboard.

2. I have to put something in the game that tells the player to press the F key once you collect the Folder. Doing so, will give you a clue on completing the level.

3. This program is encrypted by S4Realproject's VISHNU program.
once you exit the game, you'll need to press F12 to exit Vishnu and return to your desktop.

Okay, now for the link!
Click the little icon below to download Captive Demo!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't much care for installers. Can't you zip it?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it was spam
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 19:42 Edited at: 16th Jul 2007 19:47
Quote: "Don't much care for installers. Can't you zip it?"

Because the files are encrypted with Vishnu, A .zip file wouldn't compress it anymore than the installer. Actually the installer program does a better job of compressing files and folders. But it's importat to use an installer versus a .zip file so i can include important notes and license restrictions.

14 Downloads! Thanks everyone. I hope the puzzles arnt too challenging. So far, no one has given any feed back. Let me know if you need hints or help with a part of the game. There are some secrets to avoid enemies (i.e. Stand in the shadows and shoot the camera before you walk into the light.)

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloaded and this is a pretty good game,I think the puzzle's need to be a bit easy in some parts because you do get fed up after a while and you don't seem to get anywhere.

Apart from the above its been made well.

Best s4
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 01:34
Quote: "Downloaded and this is a pretty good game,I think the puzzle's need to be a bit easy in some parts because you do get fed up after a while and you don't seem to get anywhere.

Apart from the above its been made well."

Thank you S4real.

I often worry about the level of difficulty in my games. As the game developer, I can never gage the complexity because I know how to win. lol. That's why I like to get feed back. Did you have any trouble getting out of the computer room? In my opinion, that puzzle may be the hardest for some because the door keeps closing in the players face. However, once they figure out the puzzle it's kind of down hill from there. I only hope the game play makes up for the stock media.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 04:28
Quote: "Did you have any trouble getting out of the computer room?"

yes, lol.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 04:37
Quote: "yes, lol. "

Hopefully you figured it out but if not, you have to activate a terminal to open the remote door and then activate a second terminal to add time to the auto-closing door. It helps to run.

Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 05:42
Quote: "Hopefully you figured it out but if not, you have to activate a terminal to open the remote door and then activate a second terminal to add time to the auto-closing door. It helps to run."

That's odd, I already tried that........

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
Nue B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2007 16:57
Quote: "That's odd, I already tried that........"

I've found that if the alarm is still sounding as a result of you being spotted by the camera on the first level, it may cause a conflict with the global timing. I wish we had ENTITYTIMERs like in EMPTY's MOD. But to over come this, you'll need to shoot out the camera. If you destroy it befor you're seen, the alarm wont sound and the enemy character wont come after you.

Let me know if that helps.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 23:02:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 23:02:24