Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Vista Is it worth it?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 03:31 Edited at: 27th Sep 2007 03:32
i have vista with just the minumim specs and its not that slow, but not that fast either, its not buggy either, i think all that stuff is a fake. I have not had any errors or bugs with it yet. Well their is a couple with Fpsc but i can just fix them by messing with it until it works

X Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 04:19
I use vista and I have no problems with anything relay, its just a case of problem solving and I think its more a case of ppl are used to XP. With vista's case its more security oriented and relay you just need to run as administration or compatibility mode. Time to move on!

Have a look at X Games NEW website!
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 10:35 Edited at: 27th Sep 2007 10:37
Back in february when I got Vista I didn't care much for it, but that was then and this is now. Driver support has come a long way since then and I'm finally using Vista full time.

I now prefer it over XP in just about every way, it boots up faster, I swear applications load faster, thumbnail icons display faster. And that search feature just rocks.

I will say that I'm NOT using the Aero interface, the Vista Basic interface is MUCH snappier and faster, Aero just feels slow and sloppy. Maybe a few video card generations from now Aero will be faster, but for now I'm sticking with the Vista Basic interface with a nice custom skin (I hated that ugly baby-blue window border).

----------------------------------------
"Your mom goes to college."
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2007 13:14
Quote: "Vista is a resource eater"

You do realise that it uses those 'resources' beneficially.

Half the complaints about vista are simple user mistakes. I remember reading alot before installing it about the amount of complaints to do with the security popups, it made me think it was a major scar in the OS. Within five minutes of installing it i just simply clicked a box to disable it and thought, wow, some people must either be really stupid or just simply lazy.

Nothing is wrong with vista. period.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:21:35
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:21:35