Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK vs DarkGDK.net

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a question concerning dark gdk. If you decide to program in C, then later on decide to move into C#, do you have to buy both darkgdk and darkgdk.net? Or do you get both?
kBessa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 06:32
Yep, you'll have to buy both of them. Although DGDK.NET is based on DGDK, it is a completely different product. I still think we should get both of them, or at least a good (let's say 50%) discount when buying the other.
malcom2073
Years of Service
User Offline
Ouch... thanks.
Niels Henriksen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2007 22:08
Yeah... I think the same

Niels Henriksen
Working on a (MMO)RPG right now in DarkEngine
http://www.tigernet.dk - Send SMS to mobile online (will come in english soon)
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Incidently Rick V said that a discount on .Net for classic GDK users would be announced "shortly", but that was in November 2006 - so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I have vague plans for World Domination
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 02:02
we were also supposed to have a separate dgdk.net forum as well, lol.

I asked about this in the mod forum the other day but no one from TGC has replied

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]
cypher0
Years of Service
User Offline
Both products do after all use the same basic libraries, so yeah, I think we should get both!

If you can't be bothered buying DGDK other you can still use the .NET version in Managed C++, or the COM (DGDK.dll) can be used directly from C++ instead.
I'm not as sure about using DGDK from .NET since I don't have it, one could probably create their own wrapper class, but this might be prohibited by the license's 'you may only create a game' clause.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2007 02:57
Quote: "...I'm not as sure about using DGDK from .NET since I don't have it, one could probably create their own wrapper class..."

that's essentially what the DGDK.NET is, a COM Component wrapper based on the dgdk. .NET accesses the component via its built in Com Interop.

My DBP plugins page is now hosted [href]here[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-09 00:18:33
Your offset time is: 2024-10-09 00:18:33