Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Solution To Vista DirectX10 for XP Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is not a DirectX10 thread, but did anyone ever think that they could actually just dual boot both systems or will that screw with FPSCX10 has anyone tried?
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 00:59
Dual booting shouldn't cause any problems if done correctly.

Click on the picture to order your copy today!
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 03:12
yes. It is possible, for I have done it. There's a tutorial online for it. It involves DISKPART.exe (run>diskpart.exe) Really, really easy. It also uses EasyBCD to make a menu when booting up your pc on which operating system to use. Both couldn't run faster.

-AaronG

bsgamemaker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 11:56
I recommend dual booting operating systems on two separate hardrives, that way it would be easy to troubleshoot any problems that may arise with XP or Vista individually.

BSGamemaker..
Xarshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 19:19
ok,I thought this was another "will x10 work on xp" thread. But ok,this is legitimate. Dual booting is probably a good idea for this stuff.

Hello
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd reccomend using a program called GParted, I used it when I dual-booted Vista and XP, and GParted takes only a few clicks to create a new partition on your drive, then just install Vista on that partition. Or, use AaronG's idea, but dual-bboting is a really good idea.

Good luck!

[center]
P Tew
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, my Dad who is a computer whiz told me about virtual machines. He said that it is where you set up a virtual machine system with your computer and it sounds a lot like dual booting. Is it? And would it be a solution to this problem that this board is about because I read on wiki that virtual machines over comes some of the problems of dual booting? Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 22:59:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 22:59:56