Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Saving code in dbp trial version. Is it a bug or just a nightmare?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm completely new here. I'm testing out the trial version of DBpro...and I'm having a real trial trying to save snippets of code I wrote or things I've downloaded off this site. I've lost more than I've saved....seems to be kind of hit & miss. Right now I just want to save bits of source code. Usually when I load it back up, there's nothing in the file. I've saved it under type (*.dba) and also type (*.dbpro), Very confused here & kinda frustrated. Also, when i download some sample code from here, there's usually something missing so it doesn't run right off, like a Do-Loop that's missing the command, Loop...I know it couldn't have been saved on the site like that...Anyway, DBPro is very impressive, and I'm sure I'll end up buying it. Thanks in advance to any that respond to my post.
Code Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 13:52
That happened to me when I was using the trial version, I just copied the code into notepad and saved it. Then when I came back to it I just pasted the code back into dbpro.

This sig has been viewed times.
Kyle Katarn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 10:29
Usually I hit "Save all". It works most of the time for me.
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 10:33
The default IDE is buggy, and it is usually suggested that you use an alternative like CodeSurge or Synergy IDE.

Tempest (DBP/DBCe)
Multisync V1 (DBP/DBCe)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:28:48