Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / FREE - Skybox - Dune City from OOTB skybox designs.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 22:47 Edited at: 16th Jul 2007 22:53
Avanti Vita Studios.
Out Of The Box skybox designs

Dune City skybox design.

Spread Sheet

In game View

Download
http://www.avantivita.com/Dean/AvantiVitaSkies.zip

This license grants permission to use the Dune City skybox in either commercial or non commercial products.

To help us in tracking file popularity -

Please do not link this 'download file' to any other server than the host file at

http://www.avantivita.com/Dean/AvantiVitaSkies.zip

The product may be linked, and I hope you do post the product on other sites, but the actual 'download file' must come from our own server. This does not apply if this file is included within your own projects, it is only applicable if the skybox file is posted as a single entity and not part of your own project files in your own creations.

please link this post or info on this give away at other fpsc sites for other users of fpsc, it will also give me information by tracking downloads on what the potential audience size is for skyboxes, I have a new range of skyboxes coming out so I would like to track downloads to see the potential size of fpsc users interested in this type of product.

Of note, fpsc keeps the viewpoint very high in skyboxes, is there a way to alter this to give the skybox a different vantage point, it is useful to be able to change the viewpoint of skyboxes for perfect placement into a scene, I have a post on this issue here.

FPSC Chat / skybox - move its view up
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=110349&b=21

If anyone has info on this please post it here or in the thread I have on this issue
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 22:55
I have put the download as a link, but I have seen posters at the forums show downloads and images on the bar under the message, is that for posters with no web space to host a file and so the images or files are uploaded the gamecreator forums.
pigs can fly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 22:56 Edited at: 16th Jul 2007 23:08
Very cool desert-like skybox.
I love it

Unfortunately I can't help you with your problem, but I'd like to know what program did you use to make it...

All the free PCF Productions Stuff
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2007 23:10
I used Bryce 5 to make my skyboxes and I use the free Skies FPSC program from fpsc online to arrange in a cube, or I use Deep Exploration to convert images to a cube, for modelling I use a bunch of programs but for simple shapes I often use wings3d, its a great free program, my skybox collection is all wings3d and bryce 5, version 5 was given out for free, I belive they are giving out 5.5 for free and an offer to upgrade to version 6 for virtually nothing. Though I surgest If you need skyboxes to wait for my packs, 2 packs of 16 skyboxes. 36 skyboxes in total.
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 00:21 Edited at: 17th Jul 2007 00:26
Try placing your camera lower in the scene,closer to the ground plane,when rendering your skybox.You may not get a very good ground render being so close to it, or it may not work at all due to the horizon,worth trying tho'.
I dont think there is any way to adjust the height placement of the sky box within FPSC without changing the scource,not possible just now anyway.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 01:11
With bryce you are limited due to it seems to like to place the horizon in the center, you can move the camera but it doesn't make huge amounts of difference, also if we did manage to get the content further up in bryce we run into problems due to only having half the skybox to play with. My skyboxes on a whole work well, I just ask for fine tuning, if I can stick a read me in with the skybox packs it helps avoid multiple mails asking how to make adjustments.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 03:32
Quote: "and I use the free Skies FPSC program from fpsc online"

From the fpscOnline site where you got Skies...
Quote: "I am releasing Skies for personal use only. This means you cannot sell or give away FPSC ready Skybank packs made with Skies without my approval. You may use them in your FPSC games with no restrictions."

That means if you used Skies to make this skybox you need to remove the download immediately...unless Tschwarz gave you permission.I have to assume he didn't or you would have posted it here.Of course I am also assuming you read the license...

Please have mercy and use the search function.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 03:58 Edited at: 17th Jul 2007 04:10
Like I said, I use Deep Exploration, you will notice my skybox has dds files, you cannot output to that format from skies. So no you cannot make this file above

I was mealy recommending files for hobbyist users who will frequent these boards.

So no, you cannot lock or remove it.

As a note to fpsc users you could also use Delgine which is free, just make sure you keep the correct naming conventions to your files.

I personally don't recommend using skies as the smallest files you can have are .png and the file size is double what you could have with a .dds file. Of which skies will not output to. But seeing as many users of fpsc are very new to games creation it may serve them for simplicity.
fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 00:17 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2007 02:21
Does anyone know all the texture formats are supported by skyboxes.

so far I know these are supported.

PNG
TGA
BMP
DDS
JPG

anymore?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 18:24:16
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 18:24:16