Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3DS files-when is someone going to write a plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 11:32
Ive made a max file of a person walking using character studio and the physique modifier. It work perfectly in max but when I try to export it as any file it gets messed up. What I want to know is someone going to write a nice plugin (like most of the other languages have)for DBPRO. Some even have character importers/editors exporting directly from 3DS max that come with them. Can some talented person going help people like me who are having no luck. Im not good enough to animate a person walking or running manually and I dont want to make a game that everyone thinks a child did the animation.
Cpt Caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 12:08
I know what others have that DBPro doesnt. Most of them have their own 3d file formats. Thats why there is no plugins because DBPro uses common file formats like x.files and 3ds.files. Is there any plans in the future for DBPro to have its own file format???
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 13:47
I think so, yes

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 20:30
Export as MD3... i say this so often a week and i wish people would listen.
The Microsoft Exporter doesn't support the Physique Modifier - and the 3DS for DarkBasic doesn' either

I was gonna make an exporter or rather alter the current one...
Took one look at the Max Physique modifier code in the SDK and thought F**K that ... why? because Microsofts Skin&Bone is done so differently to Physique in Max it'd be a waste of time without creating a medium format which they both will go into - just too damnd complex and time consuming for my likes.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Cpt Caveman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 21:43
So if I export from max as a md3 then convert that to an x file the animation and textures should remain intact??
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2002 22:40
why change from MD3? DarkBasic Pro loads MD3 as a normal model!

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:13:20
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:13:20