Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How to do something like the pixelisation effect in Darwinia?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 12:46
Sorry if the image is too big - it's a link direct from the official site. Would I use an effect (shader)?

ie.

Matthew 5:14-16

Hat-on-a-stick Software and Design.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 13:28
Yes, there is a pixelising shader effect, I think it's in darkSHADER.

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 14:15
That game looks badass

"It's like floating a boat on a liquid that I don't know, but I'm quite happy to drink it if I'm thirsty enough" - Me being a good programmer but sucking at computers
Hat on a stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 14:47
BatVink: Looking at the DarkShader webpage I can't see a pixelising shader effect listed. Mind you the list on the webpage might not be complete. Is there a free version of this shader or are there any tutorials on writing DB Pro shaders about? No offence, but after buying DB Pro, DarkAI, Dark Physics, BlueGUI, Extends and Extensions I think I've thrown enough money at DB related products for a little while.

Zotoaster: Yeah it's a pretty decent game. Has elements of Cannon Fodder in it, but with a retro Tron-like stylization. They have a demo on their website. I won't place the link here as it could be seen as advertising or something, but it's not hard to find.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 15:16
Somehere in Program Announcements or WIP, there is a massive Shader resource. You may find it in there.

Hat on a stick
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 16:36
Okies thanks for the suggestion BatVink! I've been going through the main shader threads etc. Nothing along the lines of what I'm looking for but theres still some extremely fascinating stuff in those topics. Mostly way over my head though. I think maybe I should just leave it for now. However I'm tempted to throw my old graphics card in and try the Darwinia demo again just to see if it is actually done using shaders or not.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:28:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:28:34