Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with 1st program - sprite not showing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2007 15:50
Hi there!

Am new to DB Pro and am just trying to learn it the old fashioned way by writing a game and learning by my mistakes!
I have written some code to display a sprite on the screen and move it around.
This originally worked but I have since tried to "upgrade" my code to make it more structured (types, functions, etc).
Since I changed to this method though, I do not see my sprite or any text on the screen! The check keys code works as I can hear a sound when i click the mouse.

I have attached my code below... any ideas out there!??!?

Many thanks in advance
Mike

MikeyK65
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 10:15
Hey WindowsKiller

Many thanks for getting back to me.

My comments are with the correct apostrophe, I can only assume it has reformatted after cutting and pasting to the forum and back!?

Ok, thanks for the info re: assigning on creation. Is that just with function return values or all assignments? e.g. does x as integer = 4 work??

And the 0 + ... I was using various values to restrict my bounds, I just ended up with 0 in the version i cut and pasted!!

However, I wonder why I am struggling to see the sprite. Perhaps it's down to my image!! Although as it used to work I'm not sure, but I'll try another one anyway!!

Thanks for your assistance!

Mike
MikeyK65
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2007 15:33
Ok cool, many thanks WindowsKiller!

Mike

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 02:19:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 02:19:54